The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where would you stick it?

Supra Gaz

Sorry, no pictures of Scarlett Johansen, it's east to know where to put things with her.

My Supra is at the bodyshop having its do-luck wing fitted and being generally finished off, in the mean time I have the dilemma of where to stick my front number plate, preferably it would be in the bin, but as I drive into a nick every day that isn't an option.

Here's some shots, suggestions and pics if you have some guys (and girls).

Car looks nice, I put mine in the front windscreen proper plate and small show plate on bumper.

Take it you didn't read his post then Jazz ;)

Lovely car by the way Gaz, this is the first time I have seen proper full pictures of it!! Any pictures of the LED light at the front running?

With regards to the plate, can't you just say "The number plate fell off, honest Guv" :D

Sticker plate on the nose perhaps?

Cheers guys, I have had that thing down to the shell in and out to make sure everything is solid and right, I hve just kept pretty quiet about it. I'm pretty proud of it. I will take some pics with the LEDs on when it gets back if you like.

God knows what to do with the numbetplate, they properly ruin the front of the car.

I had a proper sized plate stuck behind the middle slat of the same bumper .. was bodged and basically wedged onto my FMIC !! That was the only real place to put it so the previous owner did :)

Being part of the plod its kinda hard for you as you have to set an example. Dont envy you bud.

Car will look stunning with do luck wing :)

Cheers guys, I have had that thing down to the shell in and out to make sure everything is solid and right, I have just kept pretty quiet about it. I'm pretty proud of it. I will take some pics with the LEDs on when it gets back if you like.

God knows what to do with the numbetplate, they properly ruin the front of the car.

Cheers dude, that is awesome if you could.

You have kept quiet about it, would be great to see some progress pics! You should without a doubt get to the Fast Six Meet, would love to see it in person.

With regards to the plate, with an after market bumper it is a huge issue. If it was me, I'd go with the sticker option. Wouldn't want to mount anything onto the bumper itself.

I would mount it on the passenger side intake hole, with a removable support bar this way at shows/meets you can remove the plate and bar

They sell "some" (not sure if they would be correct size) plate relocation bars on ebay, but should be easy enough to knock one up

Cheers dude, that is awesome if you could.

You have kept quiet about it, would be great to see some progress pics! You should without a doubt get to the Fast Six Meet, would love to see it in person.

With regards to the plate, with an after market bumper it is a huge issue. If it was me, I'd go with the sticker option. Wouldn't want to mount anything onto the bumper itself.

The meet is my primary aim dude, should get it back next week then book it in for the mot, get my cat back put on and fit my new shiny radiator, then done. Actually finished for the first time in over a year!

I wish I had taken more pics, I think I have some from when I took it to Austec (or AFR as it was then) with noting in the interior but a drivers seat and dash, that was quite loud.

I'm not a huge fan of the stickers and they aren't 100% legal.

- - - Updated - - -

I would mount it on the passenger side intake hole, with a removable support bar this way at shows/meets you can remove the plate and bar

They sell "some" (not sure if they would be correct size) plate relocation bars on ebay, but should be easy enough to knock one up

This is a plan, I'm going to go do some eBay-ing!

Edited by Supra Gaz (see edit history)

Stick on plate in the the center of the bumper, had mine on there for

several years and never had a problem.

I think anywhere not central to the car/bumper will look awful, just like

it does on Alfa's

Looks brilliant on the TRD Dnk, but it just doesn't suit the do-luck front. I'm going to put something together to have it on the passenger side pod.

I had mine on the front where the mounting holes are but it was as a sticker. I had the size reduced by 10% on the lettering and trimmed the outer edges of the white part down a bit to suit. I never had any bother in the 6 months I owned the car and the present owner has had no bother either. The car is bright red, with black 19" alloys, tinted windows ALL around and no cat with a 5" tailpipe on a japcan...so it attracts attention as well. I think it just depends on how intent an officer is on filling in tickets to be honest :)

Car looks great! good work! What exhaust have you got on there? are work OK with a slightly louder one? I'm debating if its a wise Idea to drive mine to the new job or not, not loud but a nice "rumble" ;)

I have twin decat and a TRD sango cat back to pop on, it's new and has never been fitted! God knows how I got hold of it! I wouldn't worry too much about how loud the cars are, a few of the bike lads have some crazy loud stuff.