The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diagnostics port question

Kaan W

Hi all,

I booked my car in a few weeks ago to have the transmission diagnosed to see what the problems are before sending the box back, but the guy couldnt plug hes machine into the engine diagnostics port as there is a little plastic grey thing bridging 2 of the ports and also there is an alarm cable wired into one of the ports too. I know the alarm one shouldnt be there but as for the plastic grey thing is this a normal procedure to remove before a diagnostics test?

Thanks

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Theres nothing on either of the two diagnostic ports on mine, thats the interior one and the engine bay one

Thanks for looking mate! I cant work out what its for, it doesnt look bodged and looks more oem like its meant to be there. Its the box in the engine bay. I'll get a picture when I uncover my car next.

No worries mate, its maybe something they put in there when it was built, and noones ever needed to use the diag port?

There shouldn't be anything bridges in the diagnosis ports.

Just a quick search on google and found the same thing - Bottom right 2 ports.

Edit: All the images I can find have this here, so it must need removing to plug the diagnostics machine into?

attachment.php?attachmentid=167330&stc=1&d=1365796396

images.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

It says on the last post in your link that when removed it puts the abs and trac into diag mode so i guess it should be removed for a test

I never noticed this on mine, but as its so small i must have overlooked it

Yeah that makes sense now. Thanks guys.