The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Everyone - potential Supra Owner

Guest Cravo15

Guest Cravo15

Hi Guys

Just an introduction really, potential Supra owner here.

Currently have a Celica T-Sport and I am a moderator over on CCUK but I am just exploring the Supra a little at the mo as I have always loved them.

Ideally I would be looking for a White JDM NA as too much power at the rears would scare me haha, I drive like an old fart most of the time but like to have it there just incase ;)

Budget would depend on the sale of the Celica but I am guessing about £4k in sale of that and leave myself a little left over for subtle modding such as wrapping / painting the centre console, custom speedo dials some LED installs etc. I have modded my Celi quite a lot and I love the modded jap car scene but I am kind of hoping for a car that doesnt need that much doing to it in terms of looks.

I would prefer a subtly modified but most importantly well looked after Supra BUT has to be white ;)

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.

This is my modded Celica :)

Lots more pics if anyone here is interested in it :lol:

Guest Cravo15

Cheers guys.

I'm in no massive major rush to get one so I can wait for the right one to come along :)

Fancy a bit of lazy driving so think I would go for auto ;) then maybe upgrade to TT in a couple of years or so :D

Had a crappy 3 series Beemer which put me off rear wheel as it was a nightmare in bad weather but I think a lot of that was down to the rest of the car rather than the it just being RWD lol

Looks clean enough, but no mention of service work done in the UK since its been here. Saying that N/A engines are cheap as chips if you did have an issue.

I guess it boils down to if you like the styling and wheels and then having a proper look at. Looking at where it is there are a few knowledgeable members around there who might be able to help or possibly Jurgen at JM Imports could inspect it for fee? Dont quote me on that and I have no idea if Jurgen even does this sort of thing so could be talking utter tosh ;-) just that I saw it was Newcastle way from the phone number.

Guest Cravo15

Ah wicked. Yea it's in North Shields and have a few lads on Celica club up that way too who I could get to have a look.

Looks a little tatty in places but nothing that couldn't be sorted out with a couple of days work ;)

Thanks for the input dude :thumbs:

One thing. How twitchy are the back ends on these :lol:

Ah wicked. Yea it's in North Shields and have a few lads on Celica club up that way too who I could get to have a look.

Looks a little tatty in places but nothing that couldn't be sorted out with a couple of days work ;)

Thanks for the input dude :thumbs:

One thing. How twitchy are the back ends on these :lol:

Depends how good your tyres and geo setup are. Shouldn't be a problem if your not driving like a nugget.

Guest Cravo15

Cheers fellas.

I do love my celi. At the mo it's a t sport with GT lip and TRD skirts valance and spoiler ;)

Just a couple more pics cos I like showing off haha

I won't be going TT just yet. NA is good for me.......for now ;)

Wouldn't mind the trial bumper tho aswell

Edited by Cravo15 (see edit history)

Thanks buddy. I do love my celi but its time for a change now I think. Put a lot of work into her since I bought her.

Just seen this on autotrader is it any good ??

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303225901193?atmobcid=soc4

A couple of others have mentioned that Supra. Not sure if any have been to look though.

I also went from Celicas to Supras. Vvti to vvtli to NA supra, to NA-TT :)

Guest Cravo15

Haha ditto mate. 140 to 190 to hopefully NA to TT :thumbs:

Need to find one close to home to test drive first :) then I think in all likelihood ill get one from here. At least you know it's been well looked after on here ;)

Welcome to the club, Nice looking Celica you have dude normally not a huge fan but this one looks nice, You might be able to sneak yourself a auto TT for 3.5k to 4k, imo go straight for the TT theres nothing worse than spending money on one car only to get bored of the power and end up upgrading anyway and end up losing money on the N/A, anyway good luck with your search

Guest Cravo15
Looking at a celica, what do they drive like ?

Drives lovely mate to be honest and it's in great nick fella.

You know when you finish a project you get the itch that's what's happened haha

Guest Cravo15
Welcome to the club, Nice looking Celica you have dude normally not a huge fan but this one looks nice, You might be able to sneak yourself a auto TT for 3.5k to 4k, imo go straight for the TT theres nothing worse than spending money on one car only to get bored of the power and end up upgrading anyway and end up losing money on the N/A, anyway good luck with your search

Thanks dude. I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to control all those horses at the rear wheels. Ill have to give both a try I think :)

Thanks dude. I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to control all those horses at the rear wheels. Ill have to give both a try I think :)

You would be fine, fit racelogic traction control if needed, or dot press as hard on the loud pedal! If you know you are going to go for tt eventually then do it from the start mate, this is coming from a very long time NA owner, suits me as I go for back road blasts where massive power isn't needed or useable. That said, I like to tinker and am pondering NA-T.

Edited by Supra Gaz (see edit history)

You would be fine, fit racelogic traction control if needed, or dot press as hard on the loud pedal! If you know you are going to go for tt eventually then do it from the start mate, this is coming from a very long time NA owner, suits me as I go for back road blasts where massive power isn't needed or useable. That said, I like to tinker and am pondering NA-T.

Good advice there Gaz. I had my NA for a year, and had the itch for more power. Bought an NA-TT before I'd even advertised the NA for sale lol.

Guest Cravo15
Nice to drive IMO. I'm considering another now as a daily :) they are so cheap now, you can pick up a nice vvtli for £3k.

Or mine for £4k ;) lol