The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello to all supra lovers here!!

JZ480

Hi all,

My name is Ben and I am a supra owner from Canada, but I reside in both the UK and in Hong Kong (holidays)

I was recently lucky enough to purchase this 93 Targa Top JZA80 with Getrag 6 Speed MT from my friend whom was forced to sell it because he was moving to the States. Here are some pictures of the car. The buddy who sold it to me was satisfied with the state of the build the car was in, but to me it still seems unfinished. Let the project continue...

When I bought her

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg7.jpg8.jpg6.jpg5.jpg9.jpg

When I first got the supra, the engine was tired and the amount of engine oil that was leaking out from under was unbelievable. So much so that the bushing on the steering rack was dissolving. The wiring was a mess and the amount of spare cables from the loom and audio system that I managed to pull out from under the carpeting and the dash could fill the boot space of a 911. So off the car went to my trusted tuner to have the engine completely rebuilt, damaged components replaced and upgraded. All that is left at the moment is a new ecu (piggy-back ecu that came with the car was toast) some engine dress up goodies and a ridox body kit, which are next on my to do list.

after the engine rebuild

IMG_1389.jpgIMG_1368.jpgIMG_1365.jpgIMG_1390.jpgphoto (10).JPGphoto (2).JPGphoto (1).JPGphoto.JPGphoto (11).JPGIMG_1426.jpgIMG_1355.jpgIMG_1363.jpgIMG_1420.jpg

Edited by JZ480 (see edit history)

Could be!lol! But was looking more at the plate and the buildings in the background...from the three places the OP mentioned I'd say it was in HK.

I think you are right about the country especially about the plates.

Having a supra in Hong Kong must be rare. I never did see any when I went back for holiday.

A big welcome to the club:)

Good eye guys! And yes it was a sunny day.....you're right about the car being in Hong Kong. The 'JZ 480' plate came with the car! I have 2 other cars there and spend my holidays tracking my skylines. I could never afford the insurance if these were in the UK :( The cars are also less expensive in hk as most people there only care about euro and exotics..

Could be!lol! But was looking more at the plate and the buildings in the background...from the three places the OP mentioned I'd say it was in HK.

Cars like the GTO, JZX100, Skylines, Silvias and especially the Supras are rare and become more so as they are scrapped because they aren't worth much to resell and expensive to run and insure. There are only about 3 aero tops in hk. Modifying any part of your car in Hong Kong is illegal. Even the tires. So people have to bribe their way through the MOT

Having a supra in Hong Kong must be rare. I never did see any when I went back for holiday.

You spend you holidays there as well? Yes all the ones I have seen aren't stick shift or aeros. The most awesome one i've seen is the one built by the local tuner top racing [ATTACH=CONFIG]167207[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the welcome guys! The ridox kit is next on my list( but it am tempted to keep the j-blood front end as it's the only one in Hong Kong). At least that is the plan so far :)

Only one in England I think you might find! I was gunno go for one originally as its different and looks kind of stock.

Very true! It gives the car a more aggressive look but stays true to the oem lines and keeps the car looking clean. Your project took a pretty wild turn as I can see ;) great job with those arches mate!

Only one in England I think you might find! I was gunno go for one originally as its different and looks kind of stock.

Very true! It gives the car a more aggressive look but stays true to the oem lines and keeps the car looking clean. Your project took a pretty wild turn as I can see ;) great job with those arches mate!

Cheers bud! Got alot more planned for next year ;)

The seats are called Brix II from the Bride line up. I was lucky enough to get them with the car, but I believe that mine might be a limited edition as it comes in real leather and red stitching and the cushions aren't the typical 'bride' pattern/plain black. Hope this helps.

BRIDE_BRIX_II_Reclining_Seat_Gradiation.jpgbride brixx.jpg

Heres a link: http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/Bride_Seats/BRIDE_BRIX_II_Reclining_Seat_Gradiation/

I personally like the Bride Gias as seen in my inspirational supra

supra bride.jpgsupra bride 2.jpgsupra bride 3.jpgsupra bride 4.jpginspirational supra.jpg

Anyone now where I can get those bride seats from or what I need to search for? They look amazing.

Unfortunately I am set the leave for Hong Kong at the beginning of June to visit my relatives there and to dust off my cars including my new supra :eyebrows: am hoping to see pictures that some of the members may post up on here from the show. I assume you will be there? I have never actually been.

So dose that mean you will be attending the local show in June. check the south west forum.