The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member from Cornwall on the hunt!

Guest Nelly08

Guest Nelly08

Hi all. My name is Josh and I am from Cornwall (only just on the dark side of the river!). I currently own a Honda Prelude of which I have owned for the last year and half. I bought it from my brother but after a few months I got a-little bored with the lack of torque so turbo'd it to a good figure! The car has been amazing to me but now its time for a change!

I'm on the hunt for a Non-turbo Manual Supra but this is seeming impossible to find any this end of the country!

Cheers, Josh

What's your budget mate? If you pay the £10 membership fee you can post a wanted ad and get to use the for sale section on the forum. Have a good peek around and consider if you will be happy with a NA as they are still good to be fair but don't expect an easy ride from there if you crave more power without shelling out a fair few £££'s afterwards.

Welcome to the club anyway.

Guest Nelly08

I'm after a change really from power! I fancy doing a "pretty" car that I wont loose my license in basically. I've always wanted a Supra so seems like it could be a way forward and if there is a time where I want more power I could always sell and upgrade or do a conversion. Budget is between 3 to 4 grand ish!

£3000 will get you a very very clean NA. If your new to RWD its best to buy the NA and get used to how it drives. But even the NA can catch you out every now and then. Eventually you will want more power ;)

I hate to agree with you Chris but this is spot on...... anyway :hang:

Welcome to the Club Josh

I am guessing by the over the river comment, you are Saltash way, so speak to Wile (Darren) as he is in that area

We get together quite regular down here, so keep an eye on the South West section

I had mine as N/A for over 5 years and it was a very reliable solid car, but now I am TT BPU I can't believe how long I left it N/A, so consider upping your budget to the £5k region and you could get a TT Auto then

An N/A is going to feel pretty slow compared to your Prelude I would guess, don't be put off by the Auto either

Anyway if you pop along to a meet, I am sure we can arrange a couple of passenger rides, so you can get the feel of the difference between the 2

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Guest Nelly08

Thanks for the warm welcome! Its nice to join a forum where you dont get slated for owning a Prelude as a start. I'm from Torpoint direction but work in Saltash at Roger Young Jaguar Landrover.

I have driven alot of rwd cars from bmw's to £100,000 Jaguar xkrs's but never personally owned a rwd! My dad also has a Soarer with the 2.5 TT 1jz engine which I have driven and pulls well with the auto but I think I would prefer a manual for the more driver control.

If possible I would love to take a few passenger rides. Its always nice to know a car when buying one to feel how they "should" feel!

Thanks, Josh.