The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guest jude

Hey, never joined one of these forums before but have wanted a supra for years and they've finally come into my price bracket so going to take the plunge! Figured the best way to get some advice and maybe source a decent car was to get in touch with you guys. Any advice welcome. Should I post a 'wanted' on the classifieds? Cheers : )

Welcome to the club. A great depth of knowledge and expertise lives on these very pages :)

To post a wanted advert, you will need to pay the £10 membership fee. Most will tell you, that regarding the Supra, its the best £10 investment you can make. All the information you need regarding membership is in the link below.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?82442-Club-Membership-Details-Including-Trader-amp-Hobbyist-Membership-Rules

Yeah thanks, I'm trying to read everything I can at the mo and trying to take my time, tho patience isn't one of best qualities! ; ) My budget is around £4k but I'm happy with a NA and don't really want any mods other than the bigger wheels so am hoping I can get something good for that. Service history is the main thing I'm thinking I need and to find a way to make sure it's not been ragged.

If you buy an NA they are all imports and most wont have service history until

they get to this country or have provable mileage

It would pay you to get some insurance quotes on these as i just priced up

an NA and it was nearly £500 compared to £300 i paid on my UK tt

If you buy an NA they are all imports and most wont have service history until

they get to this country or have provable mileage

It would pay you to get some insurance quotes on these as i just priced up

an NA and it was nearly £500 compared to £300 i paid on my UK tt

This! It was ironic to find that a UK twin turbo is considered cheaper to insure than a NA.

Have a look around as there are some great cars up for sale here and you may find yourself wiser to save a tiny bit more and get a TT.

Oh and welcome to the club too.

Yeah I've looked at the insurance and its about £500 for me too but the TT's seem to be much more expensive so I don't think my budget would stretch to them unfortunately. I'd settle for trackable mileage since import as long as its been well serviced.

This! It was ironic to find that a UK twin turbo is considered cheaper to insure than a NA.

Have a look around as there are some great cars up for sale here and you may find yourself wiser to save a tiny bit more and get a TT.

Oh and welcome to the club too.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...