The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help on door handle part?

jazz1

Hey guys can someone help me out please, I got my lovely handles through Steve today, but bit worried as both handles happen to have the same code and letter L, would you assum these are both left hand or is it just the same code on the right hand door handle? The code on both handles is L, 720 dlh?

If I put them either side the white squar part of the mechanism one appears to be on the bootom and the other ontop, if placed in the same side the mechanism appears to be up right, where s if placed either side one appears bottom and the other top?

I don't know as I've not removed my door handles, and I may be wrong. But from the picture, they look like how I would expect two from the same side would look.

As I said, I may be wrong, but I would expect in the first picture, the mechanisms to be the same way up.

According to ToyoDiy the part numbers for left & right are indeed different.

The 720dlh does not appear to correspond to anything relevant though.

So would I assume that both having the Letter L means they are both left side?

I'll PM you in a minute Jazz.

Feel shut an utter idiot for not spotting this, as well as extremely angry that it has happened - I bought a pair of handles from a member on here and just assumed they were a matching set, i.e. a left and a right!!! Didn't even think to check and I was just concentrating on getting them skinned :(

I've got another pair in the garage bought from Keron as a back-up in case the first set went wrong, so I know they'll be correct - I'll go and check the markings on them now and let you know in the PM bud.

So, so sorry Jazz - you must be gutted to finally get them after all this time and realise I've made a ball's up!

No worries Steve is doing right side when he's back 22nd, il post him one left side back and you can buy it of him, that way he can make 2 right ones :). Trust me he done a superb job I'm very happy the way they look worth the wait :).