The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4inch exhaust

fastcar

Well after damaging my 3.25inch I have decided to buy a 4 inch exhaust now instead of waiting in till I go single. My question I have is will I have any problems fitting a 4 inch exhaust to a 2.5 inch decat pipe or will I need some kind of adaptor?

You will need a 4" vband to 3" 2 bolt adapter most likely, Paul will have them :)

Nice one fella I thought that might be the case.

Ok we'll down to my next question.

What would be the best fitting 4 inch on the market today , boost logic , HKS or whiffbitz exhaust?

Hks ti in my book, fitment is spot on and weirdly sits higher than my 3" nur spec r I had before so considering the size there is great ground clearance, has a great sound to. Paul's 4" system is based on the hks i think so would be worth a look.

The boost logic sounds awesome but so many people have said to me that they hang to low

Hks ti in my book, fitment is spot on and weirdly sits higher than my 3" nur spec r I had before so considering the size there is great ground clearance, has a great sound to. Paul's 4" system is based on the hks i think so would be worth a look.

The boost logic sounds awesome but so many people have said to me that they hang to low

Only when you chop about the downpipe and midpipe like i had to. hang is stupidly low but it will change with the twins. By far the best sounding, if you like it loud and hate your neighbours. HKS Has the brand name which always carrys great fitment and build quality.

Pauls new 4" system looks good, not heard one yet but looks the business and usually the fitment is top quality.

Boostlogic FTW!! though

Yeah I don't really want it sitting low that's how my tanabe got damaged although the car is sitting higher now. If Paul's is based on the HKS TI then In theory it should fit the same for a bit of a cheaper price.

Only when you chop about the downpipe and midpipe like i had to. hang is stupidly low but it will change with the twins. By far the best sounding, if you like it loud and hate your neighbours. HKS Has the brand name which always carrys great fitment and build quality.

Pauls new 4" system looks good, not heard one yet but looks the business and usually the fitment is top quality.

Boostlogic FTW!! though

I really do like the sound of the boost logic that's what keeps bringing me back to it. But at the same time I can't have it hanging to low and hitting the deck

I really do like the sound of the boost logic that's what keeps bringing me back to it. But at the same time I can't have it hanging to low and hitting the deck

I dont think Jamesy had issues or jamie. I have issues (exhaust) because i have a custom 4" downpipe and midpipe mate had to be cut about to fit my turbo kit. Its not ridiculously low but i do grit my full set of gold teeth when i approach bumps ect lmao

I had a boost logic for a week before I realised that: A- It made me look even more of a tw@t than I normally do! And B- It did my head in completely. :)

They're far too loud and the quality is lacking for both fitment and construction compared to a Ti.

They sound awesome on full chat when your standing watching a supra with one fitted yes, living with one is a different story.

In conclusion then, get a HKS Ti!

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

I had a boost logic for a week before I realised that: A- It made me look even more of a $#@! than I normally do! And B- It did my head in completely. :)

They're far too loud and the quality is lacking for both fitment and construction compared to a Ti.

They sound awesome on full chat when your standing watching a supra with one fitted yes, living with one is a different story.

In conclusion then, get a HKS Ti!

Have you had the pleasure of both exhaust?:)

Yup! Had the pleasure of:

-Boostlogic 4"

-HKS Ti 4"

-Whifbitz 4" Single Box

-HKS Silent Hi-Power

-Blitz Nur Spec R

Which would you like to know about lol?

Mostly the HKS TI 4" and the whiffbitz 4" single box. Mostly I would like to know about the fitment and ground clearance on both of them. Thanks

As mentioned above, yes they sound great but living with it is another matter. I've got one of whiffins 4" TI systems and had a custom made back box which is based on the boostlogic and it was crazy loud. Gone back to the TI back box which is just about right, doesn't do your head in.