The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rev Counter

npotts

Alright guys,

What should my Supra idle at? When I start the motor it seems to idle at 2,000 rpm. After a minute or so, it will drop to 1,000 rpm. Today I noticed it dropped to as low as 500 rpm when I first pulled away in it, with it struggling not to stall.

It seems very eratic either way - is this normal on an NA Supra???

Any idea's?

Thanks

Nick

Is it possible to reset the ECU via some other way?? I am not too sure how my alarm system will react if I disconnect the battery thats all.....

Any idea's? I heard there is a way of pulling out a certain microchip or something, although I have no idea where that could be!!

Nick

There is a diagram of the fuse layout on the underside of the fuse box lid (in the engine bay). Remove EFI No1 for a couple of minutes, to reset the ECU.

The engine may run a little rough at first, do a few miles and it should relearn things.

Excellent - thanks for the reply Nic....

I will have a look tonight and try and locate it.

Just a guess, but is it the small tiny Black box in the middle of the engine - probably the size of a ciqurette packet??? There are several fuses in there I think....

Originally posted by npotts

Excellent - thanks for the reply Nic....

I will have a look tonight and try and locate it.

Just a guess, but is it the small tiny Black box in the middle of the engine - probably the size of a ciqurette packet??? There are several fuses in there I think....

No, standing in front of the car, it's on the far right side of the engine bay, behind the battery. Piece of cake to do, as someone said, the inside of the fuse box lid identifies each fuse (don't worry if quite a few are absent).

:looney:

Cheers lust2luv,

I was clearly in the wrong area!!

Am I right in saying that once I have found the fuse box (just behind the battery), I simply unplug the single fuse labelled ECU, for about 2 minutes, and then just plug it back in??

Sorry to sound completely stupid - just dont want to cock it up!!

Thanks

Nick