The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Run Flat Tyres

berg

Just a quick question

Would runflat tyres be ok to use on my car with XXR wheels?

I have no idea how they work so im unsure if they need a certain type of wheel or not lol

They are Pirelli P Zero 265 35 18 run flats

I want to buy my new wheels and ill have all my tyres swapped over but my rears are due a change very soon makes sense to buy these as they are cheap

Cheers

You can, but they'll be as harsh and crashy as you can imagine. They've got really thick sidewalls which is how they stay round with no air in.

Personally I'd avoid them like the plague.

This.

They were horrible when they first came out not sure if there are any better now.

Stock is 255/40/20 and 285/35/20

I'd have expected it to be really crashy. But then I suppose it's got such a good suspension set up that you can't feel it.

On a side note, and I don't know if it would be of any interest to you or anyone you know, I've got a full set of almost brand new Goodyear Eagle F1's, 245/35/20 that are in my way. Might be useful as winter tyres for someone?

They are cheap for a reason! :D

My colleague has a BMW 335i which has run flats on & the ride on my supra was a lot smoother than his!! The 335i is a fantastic car but gets let down by the run flats! Good job they don't fit them on the M3!

That day also he got a puncture & only managed 30 miles before the tyre blew out on him! Lucky he was only going 40mph!!

Guess ill give them a miss then

They are from a beemer had 5mm tread on each and he wants 100 quid for the pair pirellie p zero rosso they are.

If you look up threads on pistonheads you'll see people are removing them from their cars and replacing them with non run flats.