The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Call me mad but...

Supra_Nish

does anyone have kwik fit brake pads on there supe?

I know it sounds insane but they replace those things free of charge for as long as you own the car.

I have no idea what pads they use, but even if i wear them out every couple of months they will replace them free of charge.

Has anyone used there pads? Is it worth a go?

Or am i just being completely mental in thinking kwik fit pads could stop the supe fairly well? :looney:

Its not something I am proud to admit but I work part time at Kwik fit whilst I am studying my 2 year Btec Nat Dip in Vehicle repair and Technology and I would strongly suggest not to leave the Supe in their hands.

As for the pads they will more than likely be using patent pads from the likes of part co etc.

HTH

Rich

Cheers mate, nothing to be ashamed off i used to work in TK Maxx! kwik fit is infinetly cooler!!!

Theres no way i'd leave the car there, i'd camp out and be watching them like a hawk but free brakes for life?

Think it might be worth a trial, if they really shite i'll just change em for some decent porterfields or something

Just wondering if anyone has actually got there pads and do they work? Or is it plain suicidal?

Two questions:

1. Do you want the car to slow down when you press the brake?

OR

2. Do you want to save some money at the expense of potential death?

The Supra is a high performance vehicle and requires high performance parts to do it's job properly, brakes are fairly important things, spend as much as you can here and don't cut corners

Originally posted by supradibbs

Give Chris Wilson a shout he does some fast road pads which is what iam going to go for, very little brake dust etc then maybe a set of brake lines and decent fluid should see you braking better:)

And because I am a total idiot I managed to order *ALL* Supra J-Spec fast road pads when I meant to order a selection for other cars, too. Maybe I should have taken more time, but I still mainatin the fax order form was ambiguous....This is bad for me as I have loads of sets of superb fast road pads on the shelf, for the J-Spec twin turbo and N/A cars that will take a while to sell, but good for the end user as I don't want an embarassingly large anount of my cash tied up in J-Spec Supra fast road pads, hence I am selling only a bit over cost.... E-mail me direct if you are in the market for cheap fast road pads sets for the J-Spec and want to ease my cash flow situation :p