The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust

bdh1987

Hi all, was wondering,

Had my supra for 2 months now so been thinking about what im going to do to it. Well eventually im going to go from stock BHP to around 600bhp. But until then i was going to see about getting a powerflow exhaust system. If i got one now, would it be ok with the 600bhp later on down the line or would i need to new exhaust all together?

cheers,

Ben. :)

Hi all, was wondering,

Had my supra for 2 months now so been thinking about what im going to do to it. Well eventually im going to go from stock BHP to around 600bhp. But until then i was going to see about getting a powerflow exhaust system. If i got one now, would it be ok with the 600bhp later on down the line or would i need to new exhaust all together?

cheers,

Ben. :)

Guessing you have a TT? if you're looking for that kind of power.

A 3" all the way through would handle 600 horses fine. However, iirc you would also need to get a 3" down pipe.

On stock turbos, make sure you put a restrictor ring in the exhaust too, otherwise you will find yourself going single before you planned to when the turbos go pop.

If you have an NA, however, a 3" system will be LOUD, especially with no cats in.

Personally, if you're looking for a supra specific exhaust, Whifbitz systems are highly recommended here, with a lot of members now using them.

My car is a non turbo Jap import

Still wont need a restrictor ring then ;)

However, bar sound (more noise) and looks, an exhaust won't make much difference on an NA in the great scheme of things.

You would be better of spending the money on a good service and fuel IMO.

Slightly off topic, but 600bhp is a big figure for NA-t. Most aim for circa 450 for NA-t, although there are a couple on here pushing towards 600.

If its power that you want, then a TT transplant would be the easiest solution, and least hassle. And you could go single from that after wards. 600bhp isn't cheap either, not reliably anyway.

Have a search and browse through the NA-t, NA-TT, and Single conversion threads, to get a better idea of what you want.

Still wont need a restrictor ring then ;)

However, bar sound (more noise) and looks, an exhaust won't make much difference on an NA in the great scheme of things.

You would be better of spending the money on a good service and fuel IMO.

Slightly off topic, but 600bhp is a big figure for NA-t. Most aim for circa 450 for NA-t, although there are a couple on here pushing towards 600.

If its power that you want, then a TT transplant would be the easiest solution, and least hassle. And you could go single from that after wards. 600bhp isn't cheap either, not reliably anyway.

Have a search and browse through the NA-t, NA-TT, and Single conversion threads, to get a better idea of what you want.

Yeah, money aint so much of a big thing at the moment because once i got the looks sorted (kit and interior) im going to take it off the road whilst i get the engine done

My NA was around 230bhp with double decat, HKS centre and rear pipes, HKS induction kit and HKS plugs. Charlie at SRR told me I'd get no more than 180. He was amazed to say the least.

600's ambitious for a GE engine. If you're aiming that high, You need to do the same as me and go for a GTE conversion and a big single turbo. Expect to spend £10k doing it properly.

600's ambitious for a GE engine. If you're aiming that high, You need to do the same as me and go for a GTE conversion and a big single turbo. Expect to spend £10k doing it properly.

Or buy this one.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?287557-545BHP-T67DBB-Black-Single-Turbo-Supra-6-Spd-Great-Provenance-%A312000

Few tweaks and a remap and should see 600 without too much fuss.

Sell the NA and that's even on costs. Plus its already done :eyebrows:

Not yet. It's still bolted to my engine but if you're interested I'll get one of the minions to take it off on tuesday.

If you could pm me a price including postage to DH8 area for manifold an decat. Pictures too if you can thanks. No need to rush just whenever you can thanks

Surely even with a transplant 600bhp wont be very good on the W58?

Thats the only thing holding me back as i want to TT transplant mine but for the price of a 6 speed box it works out money wasted and i may aswell just buy a TT6 and have a couple grand in my pocket

Surely even with a transplant 600bhp wont be very good on the W58?

Thats the only thing holding me back as i want to TT transplant mine but for the price of a 6 speed box it works out money wasted and i may aswell just buy a TT6 and have a couple grand in my pocket

You could run an R154 at 600bhp/600ft lb but that's bordering the limits.

Depending on torque, the w58 wouldn't last 5 minutes at 600bhp. However, it depends how you drive it.

If you aim for between 300 and 400hp, you will still have one hell of a quick car

Yea, i want it to be a bit quicker, maybe 300 - 400 would be ok, but could i get that without a brand new engine? or is it worth saving for a TT?