The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What fans are these?

Kaan W

Hi all,

Another thread regarding fans has just made me curious as to what fans I have as I thought they were AAP when I bought from another member.

These are the fans I bought -

attachment.php?attachmentid=166555&stc=1&d=1364498841

And this is an AAP fan -

attachment.php?attachmentid=166556&stc=1&d=1364498841

Is there 2 types? Has anyone got anything simular to what I have that can tell me what they are?

They are unbranded.

Thanks.

DSCF3356.jpg

fankit.jpg

Look the same too me lol, maybe the fan blades are different, but then again could be an action photo in second picture(fans running)

Thats what I was asking whether there are 2 blade types. Judging by the sheet behind the fans it dont look like there running.

They do look identical which is why I ask if anyone else that has AAP fans can clarify what picture it looks like.

Ebay copies?

They certainly look like the ebay rubbish I sent back before buying these but inside the AAP shroud.

I just googled them and amongst random photos, there is the MVP one, and ones that look just like yours.

It may just be the curved blades are a newer improved design.

I saw that too but nothing says there AAP on the stright blade design. It just says AAP shroud fan kit.

They are the same design as mine and I'm certain mine are AAP along with the polished shroud.

Yeah I think maybe they might be an earlier design. I have not yet fitted these but im sure they will do the job ok. Thats what I wanted to know so thanks! :thumbs:

Seems the same design fans was sold as AAP here, so maybe two designs like you have said?

http://www.thesupraforums.com/showthread.php?t=3489

On the APP website they sell various designs :)

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&actionSrc=Form&langId=-1&searchTerm=fan&vehicleIdSearch=30390&searchedFrom=header&isAllVehicle=false#storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&vehicleIdSearch=30390&isAllVehicle=false&navigationPath=&sortBy=4&searchTerm=fan&pageId=ajaxPartList&category=&l1_categoryId=&l2_categoryId=&partType=&beginIndex=0&filterValue=l1CatNameIdFacet%3A%22Cooling+**+Heating%7C14922%22&filterValue=l2CatNameIdFacet%3A%22Cooling+Fans%2C+Clutches+**+Motors%7C15019%22&pageSize=10&priceZoneZip_6016014=enter+zip+code&filters=l1CatNameIdFacet%3A14922&selectedPartNumber=&qty=1&ship2HomeClicked=

Thanks Adam thats helpfull. I think whats happened is ive mistaken AAP for making various designs and assumed the kit I bought had the curved blade Zirtec :think: fans as pictured. So they obviously sell numerous fans but the ones pictured on MVP are the high flowing ones. These could be a standard fan fitted to the shroud but the car they came off was pushing some numbers so I have little to worry about :)