The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power run today in my new supra :)

Twisted

As above I went and done a power run. People keep asking me "what power has it got?"

I can only reply with "well because its VVTI it came out the factory with 345bhp so I've read. But that was 13 years ago"

If anyone is interested I drive a totally stock engine and exhaust, TT auto VVTI and it's and X reg and it has 301bhp, running slightly rich. So that's a average loss of 3.4 bhp a year. Not bad I think.

As far as I'm aware and I may be wrong, but the VVTI's didn't make anymore than prevvti... So should be 326 at the flywheel...therefore you've only lost 25!:)

Oh right :) I was just going off what I read on here. Something about vvti giving it an extra 25 on TT models. But if what you say is right then I'm even happier :D

That was 301bhp at the flywheel by the way.

Guest Budz86
Raise the boost to 1bar to eat up the over-rich fuelling and retest ;)

:yeahthat:

I have a blitz boost controller for sale, including solenoids etc. if you are interested? :D

Also, I was under the impression that pre vvti and vvti made the same power so good results you got there!

^^^ What they said, no difference in power but i think it had 5 extra torques. What did it make at the wheels? Curious to see what they put through as the loss for the auto box

Most dyno's will reduce fwhp by 15 to 20% for autobox rwhp figure but its always a guestimate

:yeahthat:

I have a blitz boost controller for sale, including solenoids etc. if you are interested? :D

Also, I was under the impression that pre vvti and vvti made the same power so good results you got there!

I am interested however I need to talk to my insurance company first about mods. I'd personally rather declare all my mods just incase. I'm only 23 with 4 years driving experience and I don't earn enough money to be able to afford £2000 a year on insurance lol.

Can I just attach the boost control straight on with everything else stock without damaging anything? Or do I have to start adding all the BPU parts.

Also would I need to give it a remap?

No remap needed

std. BPU parts as : BC + Decat+ restrictor + exhaust + K&N airfilter in oem airbox + colder sparks and you will easy pump 1.2 bar with some nice figures ;)

If you need more uprated SMIC (or a FMIC) + autobox cooler are good options too

Is the standard airbox not good enough? I read on here that's what is best for it.

No fuel pump upgrade needed? (Jspec)

Isn't it slightly different with a VVTI to BPU? I read on here it's not quite as straight forward to BPU as the non VVTI 's are.

Is it possible to get 450bhp safely out of the car with a BPU? that is my goal when I do BPU it.

Is the standard airbox not good enough? I read on here that's what is best for it.

Isn't it slightly different with a VVTI to BPU? I read on here it's not quite as straight forward to BPU as the non VVTI 's are.

Is it possible to get 450bhp safely out of the car with a BPU? that is my goal when I do BPU it.

As I wrote K&N air filter "in oem airbox" a better "stock looking" air filter, allowing more air.

For BPU stock jspec fuel pump should be good, I had the stock pump on mine and didn't had any problem the AFR's were OK, after I went for a Euro spec fuel pump had to switch it to constant 12v mode though ( It wont work with jap spec pump ECU)

I can barely see any difference at BPU level between nonVVTi and VVTi, you should get more torque at low RPM on VVTi which is a big + in my opinion. The turbos are the same.

I see. I didn't realise there was another airbox that was the same.

Good to know about the fuel pump. Thank you

There isn't another airbox, just a different filter to fit inside the o/e one

The o/e filter will be fine if you want to use that.

There isn't another airbox, just a different filter to fit inside the o/e one

The o/e filter will be fine if you want to use that.

I may seem a little stupid but I'm confused here with this airbox stuff ha. So I'm having to replace the standard airbox with a OEM one and then change over that filter?

I may seem a little stupid but I'm confused here with this airbox stuff ha. So I'm having to replace the standard airbox with a OEM one and then change over that filter?

Nope you just change the filter in your existing airbox

Airbox's on Forced Induction don't make a huge difference. You're better off looking at more efficient exhaust system - bang for buck wise. If you change to an exposed cone filter which isn't shielded from the hot engine bay you can actually cost yourself power. And switching from a paper (stock/oem) filter to a foam or mesh one could cost you filtration.

Double De-Cat with restrictor ring for 14-16psi should work a treat...

I thought it was the same regardless if its vvti or not but I might be wrong.

Probably wont make 450hp. More around 400hp and I would say 420hp max. There is someone here that made 455hp at bpu but thats with bigger injectors etc as he was getting ready to go single.