The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T - N/S intercooler pipework over the cam covers?

Rich.2211

A query for the NA-T guys..

I've been looking at a fair few pictures now of how people have run the intercooler pipework with the stock NA inlet manifold, and I've come across a couple who have done it like the picture below:-

They have run the N/S pipework over the cam covers and down past the power steering reservoir, as oppose to most setups where they run it straight down from the turbo and then across where the anti roll bar is? My only issue with the usual route for the pipework is ground clearance, hence looking at the option in the picture above.

Has any one on here done this? and do you think there would be room with 3" intercooler pipework for this setup? Are there any other advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks for any input :)

I know most people run it underneath, I'm just wondering if there are any disadvantages of running it over the top. My thinking behind this is that it will be easier when I opt for a TT style intake, and also gives me more ground clearance.

The ground clearance won't be affected by any intercooler setup if you install it right. I've a large front mount with 3" piping and if anything it's too long. I've no problems at all.

If your option for a TT inlet, save yourself the hassle and do it all at the same time with the cooler.