The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Owner from RSA

Guest ReaperST

Guest ReaperST

Hey Guys,

Been on here for awhile and bought my Supra from Japan.

Got her in September and been trolling since. She is a White 1996 SZ Manual. Done a few things but parts arent easy to come by here. Have to import most of it.

Will post pics tomorrow.

Oh, decided to get my subscription as well. Info on here is worth more than 10 pounds.

Hope to be posting and joining more threads soon!!!

Reaps

Guest ReaperST

When i got her home from collecting from the transporter that brought her up from the harbor

Suspension bought (Yellow Speed Racing) and fitted with the new Rota 18" Rims. 8.5J in front and 9.5J in rear with +30 Offset.

Bought OEM Sides and spats from KnightRacer, shipped here and moulded them in. Changed a few things on the front bumper but not finished yet. Took the middle bar out and flushed the indicators. Flushed aerial out as well

Guest sanchin naiker

Looking good*which transport company did uu go through?im also in sa(durban)waitn for my supra to leave the harbour this week*also shipped from japan

Welcome. Not sure about the changes you have made to the body but the new suspension and wheels look good, just my opinion though. All round looks good. I'm guessing the Supra scene is not so big in SA, so double welcome and you can't go wrong joining up for the info. you can get from the forum.

Guest supraman006

Hey what's up I'm from durban aswell we should all make a plan some time meet up maybe do a breakfast run or something lekker:D

Guest supraman006

Haha ya how many people fron durban on here? Anyoneg oing to sibaya for the auto cross on the 5th of may would be nice if a few more supra's would show up scince the porsche club is hosting it.

I noticed that there are no reg plates on the car.... is it road legal?

Just wondering how? As I looked at import into Cape Town when I lived there and there was no chance. Would only be able to use the car for motorsport, it would never be allowed on the roads. Has something changed?

Haha ya how many people fron durban on here? Anyoneg oing to sibaya for the auto cross on the 5th of may would be nice if a few more supra's would show up scince the porsche club is hosting it.

I am from Durbs.. Might consider bringing the car..

I noticed that there are no reg plates on the car.... is it road legal?

Just wondering how? As I looked at import into Cape Town when I lived there and there was no chance. Would only be able to use the car for motorsport, it would never be allowed on the roads. Has something changed?

The biggest issue you would have found is the import permit. There are certain exclusions which allow the import of these cars, mine was imported under one of the exclusions (returning resident). Customs and registration was not an issue.

Recently I believe there has been a few cars brought in under the exclusion of collectors items, but not sure how actually this is being done...

Seems legal though as the ads for these say that cars can be registered and some have registration plates on them..

I am from Durbs.. Might consider bringing the car..

The biggest issue you would have found is the import permit. There are certain exclusions which allow the import of these cars, mine was imported under one of the exclusions (returning resident). Customs and registration was not an issue.

Recently I believe there has been a few cars brought in under the exclusion of collectors items, but not sure how actually this is being done...

Seems legal though as the ads for these say that cars can be registered and some have registration plates on them..

No, like that its perfectly legal. I have offered to friends that if they want a car, I am happy to source and maintain here for them, so that they can then import, but its 50/50 if it would be allowed.

Good luck with the build

No, like that its perfectly legal. I have offered to friends that if they want a car, I am happy to source and maintain here for them, so that they can then import, but its 50/50 if it would be allowed.

Good luck with the build

I think you are correct, if I read the ITAC (Import Governing body in SA) rules, granting the permit as a collectors car would be up to ITAC discretion.

It may be in these cases that this was the route followed.

Guest ReaperST

Yeah, its fully registered now. Took some time but on the road and a nice daily currently.

Im from Jozi too. Nice to finally see some SA peeps!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supraman006
Sup chaps ...

Yep im another Supra TT owner from S.A -Durban ....

Lets do a meet n greet ???

sounds good so whats the plan?