The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie South Wales

alex341

Hello everyone. I joined the forum a few months ago when I started looking for a supra. I wanted a TT6 and finally got my hands on one in the last few weeks. I'm new to the supra world and have a lot of questions if anyone can help.

It needs a bit of TLC and there are a lot of things i'm going to change but the basics are there. So these are some initial questions I have (sorry if they seem a bit stupid.)

what are the best size wheels for a supra??? These are 17's but they stick out too far and look a bit small. Ive been thinking about a set of 18" BBS LM'S

Are these skirts OEM? I'm not really a fan of them, if I take them off can I put the small "vent/pods" on and have straight smooth sills?

Where can I get a RMM type front lip in carbon or plastic?

I'm also debating on weather to change to what i think is called a TRD rear spoiler (the one with a carbon blade.)

It has a Blits Nurspec exphaust, trust FMIC, Blits BOV, greddy gauges boost controller and turbo timer but is only running 0.5 bar and has a boost leak so is going in to be checked over and set up on the rolling road. Im pretty sure it has a Walbro fuel pump aswell so what would be a safe amount of boost?

photo.jpg

photo (2).jpg

Hiya mate , where you too? You,ve joined a good club , and if you,re in S. Wales there,s plenty of boys round the area to give advice. It sounds like your car,s been BPU,D by the list of bits and bobs. I,m in Penarth Tim ( lewysdanny ) , Then you got John ( downimpact ) round Talbot Green / Pontyclun ) . We have a meet 1st Monday each month at Toby Carvery, Cardiff Gate M4. Hope to hear from you . Tim ( lewysdanny )

• 4 weeks later...

welcome to the club, yes the skirts and spats are oem factory, they are a sort after kit and not cheap, i think the supra looks pretty bland without its oem kit myself. boosting to 0.5 bar on the first turbo is normal, and should be around 0.8 ish after 4k-2nd turbo, if its bpu then it will still hit 0.5bar but feel more lively and 2nd turbo will hit between 1bar and 1.2 bar after 4k depending on what RR you have installed in the exhaust

check out this post from homer

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)&highlight=basic+performance+upgrade

Edited by supraGZaerotop (see edit history)

this is what i was thinking, he was forever pulling that car apart, good luck with the car anyway alex

Same plate.

All I can think is 'oh dear' :(

I know lude was having a fair few problems with it, but don't know if he ever got to the bottom of them. The fact it wasn't advertised for sale on here (that I'm aware of) may not bode well :(