The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Radiator needs renewing Advice wanted!

Dgreig555

Hello guys,

I have a 2ZJ - GTE TT Jap Auto and I am slowly starting to spend some money on it.

Today My stock radiator developed a crack and is leaking, so I want to get a new one, but I dont want to just get a stocvk one and throw it ini there. I would like to go to an uprated one.

I dont want any new radiator to require too much modifications to get it in, but I would like a much more efficient one, that will lay the foundations for further tuning in the future.

Is there a radiator that is generally considered the best/most efficient?

Is there a radiator that is generally considered the best/most efficient?

Yes. Stock radiator. People still use a stock rad for big power builds. The only reason to go aftermarket is for the bling factor.

The stock rad also has better flow and cooling than equally priced aftermarket radiators. A trader on here (iirc Chris Wilson) did flow tests which found the stock to be better, believed to be due to the copper core.

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Yes. Stock radiator. People still use a stock rad for big power builds. The only reason to go aftermarket is for the bling factor.

The stock rad also has better flow and cooling than equally priced aftermarket radiators. A trader on here (iirc Chris Wilson) did flow tests which found the stock to be better, believed to be due to the copper core.

That is partly true but unfortunatly you cant buy the copper stock rads from toyota anymore and when you could they were very expensive.

The aftermarket alloy rads are larger, hold more water and the cooling is excellent, also more durable than the stock rad.

I know which one I would rather have on my own car.

That is partly true but unfortunatly you cant buy the copper stock rads from toyota anymore and when you could they were very expensive.

The aftermarket alloy rads are larger, hold more water and the cooling is excellent, also more durable than the stock rad.

Stock?!

Hopefully an SRD ;) as that's what I have!! :D