The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running a cheap gt45 kit?

T14PPA

• 4 months later...
Guest stigybud

Av got 1 i just finished converting not getting dyno till ive got my aem ecu to replace my mines ecu. she has a bit lag but when turbo kicks in she sounds awesome and the screamer pipe just makes it better

Av got 1 i just finished converting not getting dyno till ive got my aem ecu to replace my mines ecu. she has a bit lag but when turbo kicks in she sounds awesome and the screamer pipe just makes it better

Yes its does sound great. Mine stillisnt mapped yet. Let me know how the dyno gets on

I ran this setup on my blue Supra. Very very laggy turbo. Took a lot of work to get it fitted right. Manifold needed all faces skimmed, downpipe and midpipe needed cutting and alterered. Not a bad kit if you can be bothered with the hassle.

I ran this setup on my blue Supra. Very very laggy turbo. Took a lot of work to get it fitted right. Manifold needed all faces skimmed, downpipe and midpipe needed cutting and alterered. Not a bad kit if you can be bothered with the hassle.

I didnt really have any fitting issues mate. Mine was quite straight forward. What power did you get out of it hodge?

I didnt really have any fitting issues mate. Mine was quite straight forward. What power did you get out of it hodge?

I just ran it on the wastegate spring and made just over 500hp at 0.8bar.

I recon at 1.5 bar you'll make 650hp ish, but don't expect the turbo to last very long.

I just ran it on the wastegate spring and made just over 500hp at 0.8bar.

I recon at 1.5 bar you'll make 650hp ish, but don't expect the turbo to last very long.

Wow thats alot more than i expected. Im running 0.7 bar at the moment until ryan maps my car. Im looking for around 600 and ill be happy. What supporting mods did you have for that power?

Guest stigybud

I had a mess on with the exhaust. the manifold in the kit makes the turbo run parellel to the engine instead of slanting off towards headlight. this also made it tight for the air intake hittin the water pipe i capped off.

I had a mess on with the exhaust. the manifold in the kit makes the turbo run parellel to the engine instead of slanting off towards headlight. this also made it tight for the air intake hittin the water pipe i capped off.

What mess with the exhaust mate? Only problem im having is getting a v band clamp that closes the gap properly between turbo and down pipe

Guest stigybud

The down pipe i bought was made for turbo that faces light and the manifold i got with turbo was strait so nowt lined up. i also had trouble getting the vband to seal on bottom half of the turbo.

The down pipe i bought was made for turbo that faces light and the manifold i got with turbo was strait so nowt lined up. i also had trouble getting the vband to seal on bottom half of the turbo.

Fair enough. I havent had that much trouble

• 1 month later...
Okay mate i want a big turbo :( whats suggestions would you give for the na/t as im not wanting a tt

Just want a good set up for around 400bhp or id like to know whats the most power and boost pressure you can get safely on standard internals

But you don't need a big turbo for 400bhp? A small T61 would be perfect. Very minimal lag and very responsive for the power you are aiming for :)

Why don't you want a TT?

Okay and im not bothered about the tt yet could do that in the future

Whats difference in size between the t04b and t61?

Ino it sounds stupid but i like lag give other cars a couple seconds of hope lol

Not sure what size the TO4B is but there good for about 500bhp. A lot of people on here use the T61 because its a good turbo for the money :) There's lot of NA-T advice on this forum. Im sure someone can help you out!

You'll probably find buying a TT supra would be cheaper than building your own NA-T ;) And possibly a little bit quicker.

Okay and im not bothered about the tt yet could do that in the future

Whats difference in size between the t04b and t61?

Ino it sounds stupid but i like lag give other cars a couple seconds of hope lol

I am guessing you used to have a honda? and also admit it you don't care about the power you just want a big turbo to look good.

for 400 bhp a T61 would be perfect as suggested above.

Also a GT45 on an NA? Your going to have serious clearance issues

• 2 weeks later...