The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2pk Paint does it need to be baked?

safcdixon

As title really does 2pk paint "NEED" to be baked or does that just aid the drying process?

Am I right in thinking its a 2parts paint 1part hardener and a % of thinnners,

another thing a mate said I wouldn't need hardener with the paint just with the lacquer is this wrong? im thinking its wrong but thought I would ask to be sure,

any help would be great :)

if its a base-coat( then you will need thinner's in the colour and then Hardener and a % of thinners in the clearcoat, if its a solid(full gloss without clear-coat) then you will need hardener in the paint.

You don't need to bake it, instead use an Air-dry hardener, these will still need a warm workshop/garage to dry in, typically around 20deg C (ideally)

if its a base-coat( then you will need thinner's in the colour and then Hardener and a % of thinners in the clearcoat, if its a solid(full gloss without clear-coat) then you will need hardener in the paint.

You don't need to bake it, instead use an Air-dry hardener, these will still need a warm workshop/garage to dry in, typically around 20deg C (ideally)

Its just a basecoat so I don't need hardener in the paint? or I do? I cant tell by the way you've wrote that out :D

cheers for the help

Its just a basecoat so I don't need hardener in the paint? or I do? I cant tell by the way you've wrote that out :D

cheers for the help

No hardener in Base-coat just thinners, then clear-coat over the top of it. you paint supplier should supply a info sheet with the paint :)

No hardener in Base-coat just thinners, then clear-coat over the top of it. you paint supplier should supply a info sheet with the paint :)

I never received a sheet with the paint mate, I think il pop in and see him tomorrow after work just to confirm, cheers for the help :)