The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picking the car up from SRD tomorrow

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86

Well, I dropped the car off to Lee a month or so ago to do a few bits for me and he's told me it's all sorted so I'm off over there tomorrow to pick her up, just thought I'd stick a thread up for you guys to see what he's been up to!

She's BPU at the moment but I bought a Syvecs and some Power Enterprise 650cc drop in's and planned to get her mapped in TTC by Ryan to give things a bit more kick. This was going to be fitted with a Toucan and the car given a full service ready for Dragonball. One thing has lead to another though and I've got a little carried away! Here is the list of things I ended up asking Lee to do! :D

Syvecs install

Fit injectors

Fit sensors - oil pressure and temp, AFR and MAP

Fit Toucan

New crank pulley

New cam belt

Fit SRD pulley kit including aux. and tensioner

Fit SRD rad

Fit SRD twin fan kit

Rad and intercooler plates fitted

SRD top water hose

Spray spark plug cover, cam covers, battery clamps, timing belt covers, fuse box and rad clamps

Polish intake and intercooler pipes

Fit 2 bay boxes

Remove charcoal canister

Coolant bottle relocation

Tidy up the strut brace

Full service including all fluids apart from brake

I also asked him to generally tidy up the engine bay, so Lee being Lee also sorts out my HID kits (it was spaghetti junction in there!) and refurbished my tired Jspec headlights as well as changing over all the silicone hoses he could see, including removing some ones that weren't needed any more. He also came up with some good ideas for the colour scheme, but I'll let the pic's do the talking tomorrow! All in all, he's been fantastic throughout, even when I kept phoning him up with "Just wondering if you can also do.....while you've got it!".

The fact that he was building Jamie's at the time, plus finishing off some other cars all in time for Ryan to map means he's pulled some late nights recently and put in loads of hard work. Just wanted to say thanks mate, I appreciate it. Really looking forward to picking her up tomorrow, let's hope the weather holds out! :eyebrows:

Edited by Budz86
Changing thread title (see edit history)

Guest Budz86

I have an emergency Nandos budget for occasions such as this! I also have a burger king budget.. .I think I'll bring both!

Oh Rob, thanks for the gold plated heat shield! :D

Guest Budz86

Well I picked her up last night and I have to say, the first 10-15 mins driving I was a little disappointed :( I couldn't see what the fuss about TTC on a Syvces BPU was about. She just didn't seem to have any boost....until the oil temp reached the level set by Ryan! :sly:

Then it took off like a train! The power was exactly where you'd want it with full boost before 4k rpm and it seemed to stay till over 6k before it dropped off! And it comes in hard, but the traction control works like a dream! No slip, even though the roads were damp (I was very careful at first but confidence grew quickly!).

The 1 hour drive home was brilliant fun, the noise she makes is beautiful and the workmanship by Lee and Ashley is first class. Thanks guys, I'm a very happy bunny, but have already started writing the next list of jobs for you! Brakes and tyres next weekend and more tidying after Dragonball :D

uploadfromtaptalk1364125842696.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364125861233.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364125876013.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364125894350.jpg

Guest Budz86
now you just need to get those turbo pipes and the intake mani polished up ;)

Yep, that's next on the list, although I might tidy up the turbo side and hide all the unsightly pipes and hoses etc. by going single! :D

Thanks for the comments guys, really happy with the results. Been out for a quiet little drive this afternoon and done £40 worth of petrol! Didn't go that far either! ;)

Yep, that's next on the list, although I might tidy up the turbo side and hide all the unsightly pipes and hoses etc. by going single! :D

Thanks for the comments guys, really happy with the results. Been out for a quiet little drive this afternoon and done £40 worth of petrol! Didn't go that far either! ;)

Shotgun first ride at Bluewater! Does it feel faster?

Guest Budz86

Thanks guys :)

Abz, that will be getting sorted soon! Might even do a boot relocation but will probably just go with a cover so if you see one, let me know! Also, will be fitting a different bonnet and some gas struts as this one lets all the water in and since she's not kept in indoors, it will ruin the engine bay quick time! Shame really as I quite like the TRD style one I have.

Guest Budz86

Not sure exactly as it was 335 at the hubs, but one of the handbrake shoes was on too tight so it brought the power figure down. Will be popping over to Wheels in Motion to get the geo done in a few weeks so will stop at SRR for a power run on the way back :) Expecting about 350 at the wheels, so around 400 at the fly.