The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wideband afr where there cat temp sensor goes?

ashbuster

hey guys, i got under the car to fit my 02 sensor today to find that the 02 sensor is not under the car in the downpipe its in the enginebay but

the one i thought it was must be the cat temp sensor.

would the wideband afr sensor fit in this hole? if so i can just get rid of the sensor by tucking it out of the way and fitting it in there and would save me the hassle of having it welded

The cat temp sender is in the first cat so is usually hung up out of the way when fitting a decat pipe iirc

People seemed to think when fitting mine that the afr sensor was better off in the 2nd decat pipe due to the heat in the first pipe and also it would give a more stable reading, again, iirc :)

ok bud no worries. i dont have a blanking plate for where the cat sensor goes so would still be fine there wouldnt it? i never get a light pop up on the dash saying its getting hot so should be fine?.

looks like ill still have to send my decat to be welded.

the 02 sensor is a pain in the arse i cant get my hands in they are too big, i managed to get to one but the stud is turning too :(