The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twisted's new supra :D

Twisted

So as you know my supra (Sasha) was smashed into by a lovely young 'kevin and perry' lookalike in a corsa. The insurance paid out £9000 :D and with selling the supra to SPG and my injury claim I've ended up with a grand total of £11,300 :D:D Very happy indeed.

With this money I've decided to stay as a supra owner and bought myself this beauty for £7760

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

She is a Jspec, 2000, TT VVTI, Auto, Triptronic with only 43,000 miles on the clock. Standard engine and exhaust. Not sure if it's on coilovers though. I'm getting it up on the ramp in work tomorrow and having a look about.

I've called her Suki, wanted something a little more Japanese this time. (I know a few members have the same name)

Everything is pretty much perfect, couple paint blemishes and wheels need balancing. Getting a bit of shake from 70mph up. Does that sound like wheel balancing?

I've seen a thread about it already where people gave their opinions. Some good, some bad. It wont be to everyones tastes but not every supra is to my taste. It's just how it works :)

With my extra money left over I am planning to pay off some debts I have and I will be left with a little under £2000 :D I may save up for a couple months to make it £3000 to play with.

My plans include:

- Carbon wrap or paint black the rear spoiler blade

- Cover over and blend in the big circular holes in the front bumper if I decide I like it after photoshopping. Thoughts?

- Alloys need painting but again need photoshopping to see what I like. Thinking either, all black, black spokes with silver rim, gold spokes with silver rim. Thoughts?

- The dash has a plastic, carbon fibre style thing on it that I will take off

- Sort out the paint blemishes (only 3 or 4 around the whole car)

- New exhaust from the old supra.

I would like to BPU but I think I am too young to afford the insurance just yet. Maybe next year.

If there are any photoshop gurus out there who can change the colours of the wheels and fill in the holes on the bumper and post the pics up that would be brilliant :D

So what do you guys think?

Edited by Twisted (see edit history)

Thank you all for the positive comments. I used to be a big fan of the stock look. But since having this supra and seeing the body kit in person I have actually started to like it a lot more as it is.

Happy days mate :D

Remember, if you want any help at any point with it, the offer is open. I'm still learning (as we all are ;)) but I'm not too far away :)

Thanks a lot bud. I will keep that in mind. Once I start work on it I will be needing some help to confirm things. Still a baby mechanic and with only being able to work on diesel landrovers and massive trucks in work I don't get much experience with car like this one :/

Thanks a lot bud. I will keep that in mind. Once I start work on it I will be needing some help to confirm things. Still a baby mechanic and with only being able to work on diesel landrovers and massive trucks in work I don't get much experience with car like this one :/

Just give me some notice mate, and if I can (clear it with the boss :rolleyes:) I'll be there :)