The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie from Germany...missing his Supra and wants another one!

Guest simon*XXX

Guest simon*XXX

Dear All,

i am 30 years old and from Germany. Acutally i just got back to Germany in January 2013 as i have spent the past 6.5 years working in Dubai, where i also owned a j-spec 6spd, TT Supra that was converted from RHD to LHD. The Supra is basically my childhood love and i wanted one since the first day i saw it a the Toyota Dealership back in the Day.

I work in the Automotive Industry, in particular with BMW to be specific, therefore my car history stongly leans towards BMW... e36 M3, e46 M3, e39 M5, e60 M5 just being a few of them... However i still believe that the Supra is a timeless masterpiece with an Engine that nowadays people dont build in that way anymore.

Since EU spec LHD Supras are very expensive and the US import is not really worth it i am considering to buy a RHD Supra in the near future, either a clean example from Japan or i would even prefer a clean UK spec....

Looking forward to enjoy this forum..

All the best

Guest simon*XXX

Thanx alot for the welcome guys...

I have attached some pictures of my Supra i have owned.. Nowadays i would do things differently ;)

Supra1.jpg

Supra 3.jpg

My Supra.JPG

09032007329.jpg

18042007466.jpg

Welcome to the club mate, could you not just have brought over your old Supra and had it registered? Im not sure of the deregistration process of Dubai or the registration in Germany (although i presume its cheaper then Ireland lol)

Guest simon*XXX

Well, it would have been possible to bring it with me in Dubai, but since it was converted from RHD to LHD, registration and TUV Approval would have been difficult. Apart from that i sold my Lady a couple of years ago :(

Guest simon*XXX
Hi there. I have a uk spec for sale in the for sale section if your interested :)

I ve seen it already.. looks lovely but unfortunately i am looking for a 6 speed.