The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU options

scott87

I was wondering if someone could list a few options of piggyback ecu's. I've had a browse on here and on the internet but there are soo many its quite difficult to be able to choose.

Basically i am looking for one that is not to expensive but will also give me (or the garage) the necessary amount of features to play with. This will be firstly fitted to my non turbo then will serve as the ecu once i go single. :eyebrows:

I have heard a few members used to use the Emanage Ultimate back in the day (not so common now).

However I would save up for a full ECU like the Syvecs especially as you want to single it later on.

To be honest the Syvecs is out of my price range, but in an ideal world yes i would buy this. For now it will most likely have to be a piggyback system.

I been looking at the E manage blue?

To be honest the Syvecs is out of my price range, but in an ideal world yes i would buy this. For now it will most likely have to be a piggyback system.

I been looking at the E manage blue?

Quite a few NA-T members use the emanage blue or ultimate. Dr Jekyll ran his 500hp track car.

What are you plans are you looking to go NA-T? I'd personally save up and get a standalone, the ecu isn't something you want to cheap out on. You could get an AEM EMS if a syvecs is out of your price range.

Quite a few NA-T members use the emanage blue or ultimate. Dr Jekyll ran his 500hp track car.

What are you plans are you looking to go NA-T? I'd personally save up and get a standalone, the ecu isn't something you want to cheap out on. You could get an AEM EMS if a syvecs is out of your price range.

The reason im not looking to go mad on the ecu, not just because of funds, is im looking for a fairly reserved power build, low boost running stock internals.

The reason im not looking to go mad on the ecu, not just because of funds, is im looking for a fairly reserved power build, low boost running stock internals.

In that case either a blue or ultimate will be fine, plenty of members have used them on their builds with no problems.

Cheers i think i will go with the emanage then. I assume the 'general' harness that comes with it can be used with the supra?

You have a universal hardness that you wire in (solder/cut wires) or you can buy a harness.

BUY a harness... pain in the ass wiring it in manually or be a mug like me and have someone do it for you as I didnt want to risk installing my own base map for the 5 hour drive to the tune

You have a universal hardness that you wire in (solder/cut wires) or you can buy a harness.

BUY a harness... pain in the ass wiring it in manually or be a mug like me and have someone do it for you as I didnt want to risk installing my own base map for the 5 hour drive to the tune

Ok cool thanks. Got my eye on one with a harness and a turbo map at the moment, not that that matters as i wont be driving the car to the garage. Ill just plug the ecu in when i get there. :rolleyes:

I thought you were having Scott H's Emanage Blue package (or is that the one you have your eye on ;) ). If you are copying his setup verbatim then It won't need much mapping to zero in on your engines idiosyncrasies.

For something simple like this 150 squids fitted and mapped ;)

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

I thought you were having Scott H's Emanage Blue package (or is that the one you have your eye on ;) ). If you are copying his setup verbatim then It won't need much mapping to zero in on your engines idiosyncrasies.

For something simple like this 150 squids fitted and mapped ;)

Lyndon.

Um I dont remember someone offering up an emanage before, but i may have forgotten?

150squids that is good :) How long would it take to do do you think?