The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello

Guest zrchris

Guest zrchris

I have been on the forum for a short while now just browsing, but I have now decided to go ahead with my ambition of owning a supra.

abit about me

zrchris, from the Norwest. the name comes from being an mg zr owner after spending 5 or so years and every penny to try and scrape 400hp out of my zr I sold it 2 weeks ago to pursue a supra. I have learnt a valuable lesson over the last few years do it once and right, so with this build I intend to try and stick to it this time. (The mg took several attempts due to compromise on parts to save money here and there)

I’m unsure of what my exact plan is yet either na turbo or tt so single all depends what comes up for sale over the up and coming months. The only things set in stone for now are it has to be a manual. My ideal is a 6 speed twin aero (but looking at car for sale they are all nice standard examples and would be a shame to take originality away from them………… as well as a 15k price tag!) I always like the idea of built not bought but cash always makes the decisions especially with a new addition to my family.

Welcome Chris. You may pick up some valuable info from the NW members. There are meets usually in the Wigan/Preston area.

If you want around 400Hp then I would get a TT and BPU it if it isn't already. You could then go single if you need to. If a decent built single came up at the right price then it would make good financial sense to buy it.

Good luck.

H.

Guest zrchris

thanks harvard, that was my thinking all depending what i learn over the next few months of research that may be what i do........just bide my time and wait for the right car to come for sale. am i correct in saying 600hp is safe on a stock bottom end (i will be using meth to protect anyway but dont want to rely on it)

thanks chris

thanks harvard, that was my thinking all depending what i learn over the next few months of research that may be what i do........just bide my time and wait for the right car to come for sale. am i correct in saying 600hp is safe on a stock bottom end (i will be using meth to protect anyway but dont want to rely on it)

thanks chris

Yes 600bhp is fine on a stock bottom, some people run even more than that!

You wont need meth just make sure you get an descent ECU to control it all properly and use quality parts.

Hello and welcome!

Just IMO I would do a number of test drives! As I'm sure you are well aware the driving experience is very different from a high powered FWD to a powerful RWD. You may find a BPU 6 speed a good drive but perhaps a bit slow compared to your ZR. Many many moons ago I had a BRM and chap in the club had a Honda powered 200 (very similar platform) it was running 435hp and rapid! I would compare it a small ish single i.e. 575-600 hp. I went through about every stage with my Supra and it cost a small fortune so if you're after something rapid I would look for a ready done 6 speed small single. Then if you've not done something like this before I would do one of these:-

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Best mod you can do ;)

I'm sure I'll see you a NW meet :)

Harold wont be happy :D

:D Lol

Guest zrchris

Thank you for for all the welcome messages sory if i have spelt someones name wrong my spelking is crap generaly as you will all notice. That is a very nice zr i miss mine!

I had a blue mk 2

Aries pistons 86mm

Pauter rods

Piper 270 cams

Piper ajustable pullys

Tubular manifold

2.5" turbo back exhaust

Gt3071r

Rc 750 cc injectors

Dta r8 pro

It was an adventure but one i am glad to get away from as folk just dont apriciate them.

Also i am from wigan and i will certainly come to a NW mert. Il pop up in the shitroen dispatch (bathroom blue) haha (i ride motocross so needed a van :-) )

Thank you for for all the welcome messages sory if i have spelt someones name wrong my spelking is crap generaly as you will all notice. That is a very nice zr i miss mine!

I had a blue mk 2

Aries pistons 86mm

Pauter rods

Piper 270 cams

Piper ajustable pullys

Tubular manifold

2.5" turbo back exhaust

Gt3071r

Rc 750 cc injectors

Dta r8 pro

It was an adventure but one i am glad to get away from as folk just dont apriciate them.

Also i am from wigan and i will certainly come to a NW mert. Il pop up in the shitroen dispatch (bathroom blue) haha (i ride motocross so needed a van :-) )

What area of Wigan are you. There are quite a few Wigan members. We are in Aspull..!!

Edited by Havard
spelling (see edit history)

I had a blue mk 2

Aries pistons 86mm

Pauter rods

Piper 270 cams

Piper ajustable pullys

Tubular manifold

2.5" turbo back exhaust

Gt3071r

Rc 750 cc injectors

Dta r8 pro

I take it you were running a T series then ? Always wanted to do a T series on mine but feared it would ruin the handling a bit with that big heavy lump up front. I will at some point buy a 220 coupe as I love them even if they are an old rover :D

Guest zrchris

I have recently moved from aspull (st davids crescent) to hindley green (near kebab king) so quite near you both! :) And I won’t test drive but a passenger ride would be nice (not a fan of driving other peoples pride and joys). And ye Tyson I rude the Honda bread t series it wasn’t as light and nimble as the k but it didn’t kill it as much as I expected it to. Once complete it weight 1150 (ish). i wouldnt mind a 220 gsi hatch best rover ever made imo.