The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4D Carbon vinyl

berg

Has anyone tried the new 4D glossy carbon vinyl yet?

hoping to see what it looks like properly if anyone has any pics of car parts done?

Dont like the matt 3d stuff as it looks nothing like carbon fibre in my opinion.

If the 4D doesnt look any good either ill have to just invest in a proper carbon skinning kit as that seems the only availible solution to have proper realistic carbon look.

Cheers

lol i was skinning them and under that vinyl on the left is real carbon but i had to stop because i dont have a heated shed to do it in and the cold was making the resin go funny so i left it untill the weather gets better.

i was sick of seeing my car without a dash so i wrapped it just for now lol

- - - Updated - - -

wow thats much better im guessing not cheap either. mine is no where near as glossy as that

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

Any fake carbon is rubbish in my eyes. From a distance it may look ok, but up close will obviously be fake.

Carbon skinning is the way forward, as it uses a real layer of carbon fibre, and if done right, no one will know the difference.

I seriously do not understand sticking something on a car that is clearly not actually carbon in an effort to make it look like it's lighter? Naked carbon fibre doesn't look all that good but it's use as a weight reducing medium is obvious. Sticking extra weight on a car to make it look like it's made of carbon is just daft!

I seriously do not understand sticking something on a car that is clearly not actually carbon in an effort to make it look like it's lighter? Naked carbon fibre doesn't look all that good but it's use as a weight reducing medium is obvious. Sticking extra weight on a car to make it look like it's made of carbon is just daft!

I am thinking of doing it as a contrast colour on the front and rear lips, considering the bits are pretty small I don't think I ever considered people would think it was like that to look like it's a light part!!

:iagree: