The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dropping front subframe

welshbuddy

I can help a bit.

Support the engine with a crane.

The front cross bar needs to come off first. Iirc there are 3 bolts either side. Plus a small support bar either side (one bolt each end, remove these first).

Once that is off, then the main subframe can come off, but I can't remember where all the bolts are :(

lol cheers buddy, ive been researching everywhere for some photos, i know steering rack needs to come off, then the bolts either side.

im going to put a jack underneath and drop it after in one, as im cutting the front of the car out so i can just pull engine and box out together ya see

Guest BradD

we did this with a Lexus SC400 to pull the engine and trans out, they both have same subframes.

Supported the engine and box on trolleys

I think there were two bolts at the back of the lower arms and one at the front, 4 on the actual subframe and 4 to undo the ARB

Also the steering column linkage needs to be undone

then rolled everything forward.....

It wasn't too difficult, took a couple hours, can't imagine there will be much difference, if any, for the supra.

Edited by BradD (see edit history)