The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Glass Headlamps

Supra doopra

have just fitted some uk glass headlamps on my jap import, and find that driving at night the drivers side headlamp only points the beam a short distance if front of the car and can hardly see the road ahead. Have noticed their are 2 metal studs sticking out the back of headlamp and tried to adjust these with beam pointing towards my garage door but dont adjust the beam in any way.

Anyone have any suggestions how to adjust them or are they not adjustable

Thanks for any help

Craig

You can only adjust the dipped beam, not the main beam (aka high beam).

The two 8mm adjusters on each light are for the horizontal and vertical planes of the dipped beam. IIRC, the outermost adjuster is the side-to-side one and doesn't seem to do very much at all.

have tried adjusting these 2 bolts on the back and does not seem to make any difference, as its the drivers side thats way too short in front of me, yet if put the main beam on its all just fine but oncoming drivers get a bit blinded lol.

Do they take alot of turning b4 it starts to rise as scared the bolt will fall out

cheers........craigi

iirc, the outtermost adjuster does the sideways plane and the inner one does the vertical adjustment. If you've wound it the wrong way to start with it'll take a lot of turns before it starts to move the beam.

You can only adjust the dipped beam, the highbeam is not adjustable.

Originally posted by npotts

Out of interest, where did you get the UK glass headlamps from mate? And how much did they cost you?

I ordered them at my local Toyota dealer. Part numbers and prices below

Glass Headlights with no bulbs :

81170-1b210 £127.71 +VAT

81130-1b210 £127.71 +VAT

Less 15% discount = £255.10 Inc VAT

craig i have the same problem since i put glass headlamps on mine. I do alot of driving on dark country lanes and i can hardly see infront of me. Its great if i put main beam on but of course you cant always drive with them on. It has given me a few scary moments where i cant see where the road a head is going. The beam just does not seam to throw out light very far. i also ordered those philips blue vision bulbs with mine thinking that would make it better.

Originally posted by supradibbs

Hey jake what this number then

T81110-1B210 Its the number toyota gave me for pre face lift uk spec headlights at £179.91 eack for a set is £422.79 inc VAT!

At a guess I'd say it was for the headlights complete with bulbs. I remember somebody (MCanny?) saying they charged a lot for the bulbs.