The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caineoo's Wide Arch Na-t Project :D

Caineoo

Well I guess it is time to do a thread as I have been around for a while and work is slowly but surely being done to the car :)

So a bit on the background..

I was looking for a supra shell for a while and then a few popped up.. I took a shine to Parry_10's and knew that, that was basically the look I was wanting i.e. bodywise.. went and had a look and had to buy :D

Thanks alot to Chris(Parry_10) for being a big help at the start when I was first starting off, I knew zilch about supra's really and he helped me alot and still does.

For the few who don't know here is a link to the for sale add which gives a bit more detail on the car: http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?274786-One-off-supra-rolling-shell-for-sale&highlight=Parry_10

The car started off in Silver and was a standard n/a with a few bits and peices wrong with it and Chris(Parry_10) had lots done to it to make it what it is. I didn't wan't to change it to much as to be honest a) it doesn't need it and b) I love it :)

To give you something to read and to save re-posting loads here is another link to all the work carried out: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?261340-Parrys-widebody-and-respray-thread*Now-in-paint*

And a few pictures :)

wow.jpg

side%20view.jpg

wow6.jpg

Edited by Caineoo (see edit history)

I originally planned to go for a TT engine and be done with it. Then I thought well to be honest that will seem a waste as it has had alot of time, effort and money already spent on it to just leave it looking bland in the engine bay.

There was a few chips in the strut towers and when I washed the car some paint flaked off in the engine bay due to brake fluid. I could of left it as the engine will cover it and you will hardly see them when in but thats not how I wanted it so had the effected areas fixed and blended in.

I don't actually have a recent picture of the engine bay sprayed(I will get one) but this is one from primer:

IMG_20130313_104040_zps319e35da.jpg

Picked up a full uk brake setup from Michael Lane.

Next was the decision of what I wanted to do.. I spoke to a few people and to be honest I just want a lovely reliable car around 400bhp and that will be spot on for me.

Spoke to Fosta (Thanks for some very dumb questions answered darlin' ;) ) and he filled me in on na-t and that was it I decided Na-t would be best for me.

I ordered an engine off of Keron (Thanks mate). Low mileage and had a leak down test when it arrived. Came back perfect!!!

As I wanted to be safer I decided I would give the engine a good refresh.

So picked up some bits:

- Arp Head Bolts

- TT headgasket

- Full n/a head, gasket set. (Thanks to me :D)

The engine will be getting a lick of paint to freshen it up.

Head will be skimmed to make sure it's perfectly flat for the new headgasket.

New service items all over and hopefully will be as good as new :)

As it was a rolling shell it had a few bits in but had to source some others for interior.

So got a leather headliner and visors, carpet, odds and sods.

Got hold of:

A w58 gearbox.

Some braided do luck brake lines.

Fmic.

Front and rear lights.

The sump has been drilled and is ready.

Next on list to do/buy is:

Buy Service items.

Buy smaller dizzy

Buy a new #2 ht lead or order new leads.

Buy Clutch.

Skim the head.

Paint the block.

Put the head back together with all the new parts.

Paint/polish some engine parts.