The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which rear tyres ?... recommendations please guys

forester200

Ok guys I'm up for a new pair of rear 275 35 18's as the pirelli pzeros are shafted .....Any recommendations ? I was having a look at camskill and they have Vredestein ultrac sessanta's at a very good price £235 down to £180 but I have never used these ...was also considering eagle f1's....what are your thoughts ? My car is bpu so not chucking out more than 400bhp and I'm not one for pushing it round bends etc so don't need r888's !:D

Search button?

I can think of 3 or 4 threads that have been started in the last month regarding tyres

Yes had a look thanks but would really like to know if anybody has tried the Vredesteins really as I have never had these on any of my cars....

+ 1 for the Vredesteins and I think you'll find on the other threads they have been recommended too.

I had them fitted to a stockish TT auto which was running 352bhp at 0.8bar an they performed great, better than the continentals which were on it before.

Search button?

I can think of 3 or 4 threads that have been started in the last month regarding tyres

Yes had a look thanks but would really like to know if anybody has tried the Vredesteins really as I have never had these on any of my cars....

I have Vredesteins on the rear of mine and am very happy with them. Replaced tired Falkens and the Vreds are streets ahead, although probably not a fair comparison as the Falkens were very worn. I am BPU and have 18" rims.

FK452 are very poor in the wet, and not brilliant in the dry.

Michelin PSS

Goodyear Eagle F1

Bridgestone RE050A

would be my recommendation, in that order. FK453 are meant to be better than 452 but I have no experience of them. Could give them a try.

I'm losing faith in my current Yokohama Advan rears. I put some Eagle F1s on the front and they have been a massive improvement over the previous fronts. I think I'll be going with the Goodyears on the back next time too for sure (same size as you are after Forester200 - 275/35/18). :)

Michelin PSS

Goodyear Eagle F1

Bridgestone RE050A

would be my recommendation, in that order. FK453 are meant to be better than 452 but I have no experience of them. Could give them a try.

I disagree , i had FK452's on before and they were good all round tyre's . Not quite as good as the F1's i have on now but certainly not very poor in the wet.

Michelin PSS

Goodyear Eagle F1

Bridgestone RE050A

I'd have to disagree also, had no major issues with 452's in the wet on the road or track, but they are a mid range tyre, depends on how much you want to spend:

Falken 452/453 £170 each

Bridgestone RE050A £300 each

Michelin PSS £280 each

Goodyear Eagle F1 £300 each

Edited by qwarrior (see edit history)

I'm losing faith in my current Yokohama Advan rears. I put some Eagle F1s on the front and they have been a massive improvement over the previous fronts. I think I'll be going with the Goodyears on the back next time too for sure (same size as you are after Forester200 - 275/35/18). :)

Had Advans on as they were recommended to me and took them off.

They were bloody dangerous. Not sure if anybody else has had the same experience.

Anyone know of anywhere with Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2 or even better Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's ? Do they even still do GSD3's anymore ?? I have stock tyre sizes. Checked camskills they have no stock, black circles don't stock them ...

I disagree , i had FK452's on before and they were good all round tyre's . Not quite as good as the F1's i have on now but certainly not very poor in the wet.

+ 1

I have FK452's currently all round, although not the best tyres they certainly aren't bad in the wet. I have driven in the rain in them and they are fine, great in the dry and last a while! (watch me tempted fate now).

Tyson said:
Anyone know of anywhere with Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2 or even better Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's ? Do they even still do GSD3's anymore ?? I have stock tyre sizes. Checked camskills they have no stock, black circles don't stock them ...

mytyres.co.uk and lovetyres.com

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/tyres/goodyear/eagle-f1-gs-d3.html

http://lovetyres.com/search/tyres/275-35-18/brand/Goodyear

I'd have to disagree also, had no major issues with 452's in the wet on the road or track, but they are a mid range tyre, depends on how much you want to spend:

Falken 452/453 £170 each

Bridgestone RE050A £300 each

Michelin PSS £280 each

Goodyear Eagle F1 £300 each

Holey moley where are you getting your prices from Michelin and Goodyear are half that price per tyre !!

Camskills have the Goodyears for 136 each and the michelins are 162 each from black circles. Falkens are 99.99 from camskills too

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)