The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gutted these wheels didn't fit

DodgyRog

Popped up to Steve's (Fearless) today to do a test fit for the wheels from his old Chargespeed Supra

I am gutted to say they were just a bit to wide at the rear, but as you will see in the Pic, I really need some deep dish to finish the look of my Supra

They would of been refurbed with Black inners, o and excuss the fact that Steve didn't clean them, but he is rather busy on his build at the moment

I'd still run em ;) they don't look that wide in the shot

They look like pretty wide tyres mate. Would they not fit with a slightly narrower tyre on the rear?

i'd keep them

Got a side on shot? They don't loo too bad

narrower tyre and run it . and id say leave them gold , that looks suberb

What are the sizes & offsets? I may be interested if you don't take them Rog.

That looks :cool:

They might fit with a stretch tyre on the rear and they need a refurb, so I would of changed the colour at the same time

Offset is +4 on 11j for the rear

The problem I have, is if they touch on the rear arch I could end up with a big bill due the the Veilside arches being fibreglass

The other problem is Steve was going to have my wheels and he has rolled and pulled arches, so he wants them a bit more aggressive than mine fitted on his

What wheels did you have before Rog?

I must say I don't like the gold ones at all.

I have work VS-TX at the moment,

but I am having to use 30mm spacer on the rear and 25mm on the front, so want to get some wheels that I can do away with the spacer

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Narrower tyre + a tyre with a more 'sloped' sidewall profile and recon those would fit a treat (/jelous)

Goodyear Eagle F1 have a sidewall profile that leans inwards. I have a thread somewhere showing what i mean as i was looking for new rear tyres that sloped in like my goodyears did (gives more clearance to the arch - i have VS arches as well).

They do look stunning. :cool:

I really like your current wheels

I like them too Dean, but I really don't like running large spacers and the fronts always look a bit odd with the brakes miles inside the wheels due to spacing them out

I would keep these they look nuts, make coilovers stiff you'll be ok or negative slight camber geometry.

Well I have made a deal with Fearless, so they will be on the car soon, this is due to you lot saying they will fit, so it's your fault if I run into problems:p

If anyone really likes my Work wheels they will be for sale in the next few weeks I guess, will need to get the replacements refurbed first and sort the rear tyres

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)