The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What`s my Supra worth guys?

suprasurrey

I have a 1994 TT auto Jspec that I may sell soon, here`s the current spec.

040 white bodywork in very good condition

86,000 miles

LSD diff

UK brakes

Alpine head unit with Ipod included

BPU (412 BHP a few years ago)

Volk GTC 18" wheels

NUR spec R exhaust with Whifbitz twin decat pipes

Apexi boost controller

HKS SSQV bov

FMIC with hard pipes

Pure sport mats

Turbos replaced with rebuilt steel blades (CR Turbos)

11 months MOT

Now for the bad bit.......No 4 cylinder is down on compression and needs new stem seals and the valves lapping. The car is now quite smokey, especially on deceleration.

I think this would be a good buy for someone with the time and facilities to sort the head out, as the rest of the car is in very good condition. What do you think it`s worth?

Edited by suprasurrey
spec list updated (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interested in this mate, when are you thinking of selling? And could you PM me pictures :)
I`m not really sure when this may be up for sale, I need to find a nice low mileage facelift Supra to replace it with first:eyebrows: I`ll have a hunt for some pictures and pm you if I find anything;)

2.5k.... That's horrendous guys. Everyone always moans about the value of supras dropping, all these traders charge expensive prices for poor quality supras, we as owners should be raising the price of classics like these.....

Ok then. I'll give Suprasurrey £10K for it in it's current condition.

Happy?

I'm just saying if people want the prices to stop dropping then people have to set the prices and stick to them.

Are you really serious, you can't be

It's a Jap sports car, a common and old one at that, it's also uneconomical and expensive to maintain and dated to look at and drive, I love the Supra but I class myself as a freak in that respect as many many friends don't getting it at all and have a point

Are you really serious, you can't be

It's a Jap sports car, a common and old one at that, it's also uneconomical and expensive to maintain and dated to look at and drive, I love the Supra but I class myself as a freak in that respect as many many friends don't getting it at all and have a point

i wouldnt say its common at all but id have to agree with it getting on abit, the fact it being a jap car doesnt help the values out either, we've got to accept that supras arnt new anymore, yes they are still amazing cars and have achieved some amazing things and still put many modern performance cars to shame...especially when single'd but the tech is abit outdated although still brilliant none the less. supra's are still bad arse imo

Have you done a leak down test to show why its down on compression ?
The leakdown was 35% down on number 4 cylinder. I was told that the valves needed reseating/ lapping along with new stem seals. There was mention of possibly changing the rings and bearings, but I think this was more a case of doing it as the engine would be coming out anyway.

Im not having a dig at the car, i would be more worried about why it is down on compression and if it needs a rebuild, and whats caused the engine problem in the first place. I think £2.5-3k would be a good price to list the car at, the OP asked that question in the first place and why say its worth £7k ect just because it has nice wheels.

Perfect chance for someone looking at a big build project though.