The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help me choose a turbo

kaliber

Going single this year with following setup:

Built head with gsc stage 1 cams

E85

1200cc injectors, fuelrail and everything needed

4" dp+mp+exhaust

The turbos I im thinking about are pte 6766 or the Borg Warner S300SX 8375 Turbo S360 with 1.0 A/R

I´m aiming at 600whp and a safe engine, I know that there can be more power made with this setup but I would like a very safe setup for now and maybe uppgrade later for even more power

Why you wanna choose one from these specific turbos? Do you have any experiences from BW EFR turbos in Sweden? These should be really quickly spooling.

I dont know why but in Finland basicly everyone is going for Holset turbos, holset hx40 super or hx 40 mfs would suit your needs really well! And pricewise little bit cheaper.

I´m open for other turbos as well antti, I just choosed these two as they are used all over the place on supras and that makes it easier to read up on them and see what experience people have with these... This will be my first single build so I´m a noob on turbos, trying to read as mutch as i can about this:)