The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chaz's track car build

chazuk

I’ve decided to go a totally different route I am done with having a single on the road for various reasons, so I have picked up a 96 szr na 5speed and the ex time attack shell from Steve L with the plan to rebuild it back into a pure track car with the single turbo 6 setup from my aero . I do not want to let my aero go so the na is getting broken into it so lots of work but my main concern is to get the na stuff into the aero in time for the summer I will update as I go.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/879/img2013030700325.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4572/9d6b.jpg

IMG-20130307-00325.jpg

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such a shame as in my eyes as your aero is lush, single, 6spd and an aero! good luck though

Cheers it was a long hard decision to make , one day Id love to put it back to TT 6 best drive imo

I agree but i think he is sniffing glue again!! he will realise his mistake when he wakes up tomorrow and sees the thread

lol :p and I thought pva was safe , I had a near miss recently and it was a bit of a wakeup call made me think the way I drive my single I am either going to end up losing my license which will cost me my job as well or even worse doing time for it a eye opener for me was that blue r34 gtr having a play with that primera think the top speed recorded was 140 he got 6months jail and a year ban and made to pay 3.5k as you know in a single supra big speeds are easily obtained .I was caught up with thinking it would not happen to me but it only takes that undercover car, motorbike or helicopter these days with the camera recording and your stuffed so taking it to the track .

might be tempted by a rolling shell if the price is right! need a V8 in our lifes

Might hold on to the shell if not I will bear you in mind mate

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I gave up thinking of the road as a place to enjoy driving a couple of years ago, treated myself to a nice pickup as my daily and now I can devote a lot of time and resources into making the Supra the best it can be on a track where I can drive it at 100% for hours at a time.

I've learned more about proper driving in the last couple of years than I ever did in the 15 before that.

The very best of luck with your project mate, Steve's shell was worth buying for the heated screen alone, I'm suitably green!

I gave up thinking of the road as a place to enjoy driving a couple of years ago, treated myself to a nice pickup as my daily and now I can devote a lot of time and resources into making the Supra the best it can be on a track where I can drive it at 100% for hours at a time.

I've learned more about proper driving in the last couple of years than I ever did in the 15 before that.

The very best of luck with your project mate, Steve's shell was worth buying for the heated screen alone, I'm suitably green!

Cheers :) I do look forward to getting out on the track I think there are a few supra's in the club now doing track days, I don't think I have seen yours I will have to check your garage out.

Glad to see this car live again its always been one of my favourate supras, it looked sorry for itself when it was for sale, i'd be half tempted to keep all the vinyl etc as it was and build it back up, quite an iconic car imo. Good luck :)

If Paul wants to do some sponsorship or discount on parts I will polish those vinyl's lol :D

Guest Budz86

Hi mate, I'm interested in the bonnet from the na if you're selling it? Take it that's the white one in the pics? Could even do a swap depending on your plans and if you liked the look of mine?

uploadfromtaptalk1362741495984.jpg

Cheers :)I don't think I have seen yours I will have to check your garage out.

There'd be more to look at in the track car thread mate, I think.

It's a sorry looking sight at the moment, I have plans for a bit of a renovation, but whether it comes out the far side looking any better is anyone's guess!

Hi mate, I'm interested in the bonnet from the na if you're selling it? Take it that's the white one in the pics? Could even do a swap depending on your plans and if you liked the look of mine?

Yea its the white one £50 and its yours but you will have to collect from Chichester area. To others Ive had a few pm's now nothing else is for sale at the moment .

There'd be more to look at in the track car thread mate, I think.

It's a sorry looking sight at the moment, I have plans for a bit of a renovation, but whether it comes out the far side looking any better is anyone's guess!

Nice :) Ive never seen a cage like yours with the double front legs thats going to be very strong.

Ive never seen a cage like yours with the double front legs thats going to be very strong.

Wez has them in his car, it was his cage I based mine on.

They are actually coming out to be honest, the tubing I received for the build was much bigger than what I ordered but I saw no real drawback to using it at the time.

However, the passanger side mirror is completely obscured by the extra leg on that side and the leg on my side makes the view around the A pillar a bit of a stretch so with the fact that the gauge of the materal is way above whats required by the regulations I don't see a problem removing just these two legs.

I’ve decided to go a totally different route I am done with having a single on the road for various reasons, so I have picked up a 96 szr na 5speed and the ex time attack shell from Steve L with the plan to rebuild it back into a pure track car with the single turbo 6 setup from my aero . I do not want to let my aero go so the na is getting broken into it so lots of work but my main concern is to get the na stuff into the aero in time for the summer I will update as I go.

YES!!! I am so happy about this :D I am so glad its going to be used once again as a track car!! :yahoo:

I was wondering who bought Steve's shell.

If you need any help mate let me know as you know I am not very far away.

Damn this will be good :) once its built up we are going to have to get out on track together.. are you planning to make it Road legal or you gonna trailer it?

YES!!! I am so happy about this :D I am so glad its going to be used once again as a track car!! :yahoo:

Damn this will be good :) once its built up we are going to have to get out on track together.. are you planning to make it Road legal or you gonna trailer it?

I knew you would eventually find a friend to play with. Nice one mate! :senile:

good club spirit

Wez has them in his car, it was his cage I based mine on.

They are actually coming out to be honest, the tubing I received for the build was much bigger than what I ordered but I saw no real drawback to using it at the time.

However, the passanger side mirror is completely obscured by the extra leg on that side and the leg on my side makes the view around the A pillar a bit of a stretch so with the fact that the gauge of the materal is way above whats required by the regulations I don't see a problem removing just these two legs.

Was about to say it looks very thick is it cds or t45? losing those legs will save some weight :)

Hey Rich :D thanks for the offer I may take you up on that! I have a question already I asked Steve but he was not sure as I am going to leave my bc's on the aero as they do not have the camber tops and are the softer spring rate , do you know the spring rates you have on the nitron's? When it’s finished I will defiantly be up for a joint track day meet. Plan is to have it non-road legal for the pure fact to avoid that Sunday morning temptation, although scrubbing in new tyres, testing suspension and getting a general feel of the car would be nice before a track day. I do not have a trailers license need to do that at some point but my old man has a good towing vehicle and I can hire new trailers for £40 a day from blendworth so think that’s the plan to get it around, do you trailer yours or drive it ?.

Was about to say it looks very thick is it cds or t45? losing those legs will save some weight :)

It's CDS mate.

The spec/size I ordered was 45mm O.D. with a 2.5mm wall thickness.

What I actually got was 45mm I.D. with a 3mm wall thickness.

I probably should've sent the whole lot back but I was really pushed for time to get the car up and running before the end of that year's track day season.

It is insanely sturdy though, I needed to put a little bend in the bar running over my door for a bit more head room and it took a gas burning torch, a forklift and a 20 ton bottle jack.:D

It's CDS mate.

The spec/size I ordered was 45mm O.D. with a 2.5mm wall thickness.

What I actually got was 45mm I.D. with a 3mm wall thickness.

I probably should've sent the whole lot back but I was really pushed for time to get the car up and running before the end of that year's track day season.

It is insanely sturdy though, I needed to put a little bend in the bar running over my door for a bit more head room and it took a gas burning torch, a forklift and a 20 ton bottle jack.:D

That is crazy it does look like a cage you would see in a hot rod :)

Great to see this shell going to a good home.

I put some of those stickers on, so you defrost have to keep them!

If you plan to do any competitive events I'm sure Whiff will find away to help you whilst still removing the contents of your wallet, lol.

Good luck with build.

LOL he does it service with a smile aswell :D ill see how track days go first I will build it with keeping regs in mind just in case .

I have not been sitting around today :) http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/265/img2013030800331.jpg