The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T Build suggestions/help

bluedrag

Hey guys

ive decided that i want to make my MKiv turbo trying to decide whether i spend around 5k (NZD) on getting a kit in from the USA and a Link ECU, or the other option is i have a friend with a 2jzgte single out of an aristo thats been setup for manual but it will cost me more to do it this way but it is already setup, any idea's/ suggestions on the better choice? also im not aiming for huge numbers if i can get close to or just over 300KW i will be more than happy

cheers

Scott

There will be loads of mixed views about the way you do that on here mate, most telling you to just save for a TT.

But here is an option for a budget build.

You will ant the following:

Wideband kit.

Boot gauge and controller.

Piggy back system, I recommend the EMU

3bar map sensor if its jdm.

Xs-power t61 turbo

Xs-power turbo manifold.

A decent wastegate, precession pw46 is a good choice.

Oil return and feed lines.

Oil return flange for sump.

Xs-power down pipe

4runner dizy cap

A second #2 HT lead ( to replace the shorter #1 lead)

FMIC with hoses and hard pipes.

A box of mixed nuts and bolts

A box of mixed hose clips

A decent tool kit

:)

Hey guys

ive decided that i want to make my MKiv turbo trying to decide whether i spend around 5k (NZD) on getting a kit in from the USA and a Link ECU, or the other option is i have a friend with a 2jzgte single out of an aristo thats been setup for manual but it will cost me more to do it this way but it is already setup, any idea's/ suggestions on the better choice? also im not aiming for huge numbers if i can get close to or just over 300KW i will be more than happy

cheers

Scott

There is a lot more required for an NA-T conversion than just a turbo kit and ECU.

What's included with the 2JZGTE engine, do you have a full spec list of the parts?

agreed, there is alot more to an NA-T than just bolting parts on and the costs can spiral out of control if your not careful. If the TT lump is good to go and you fancy something plug and play then the engine swap will be easier. But if you want something different and learn abit whilst on the way slap a turbo on the NA. I suppose it depends how much room, time and how long you can have your Supra off the road for.

Three simple answers to this question.

1. Buy a membership.

2. Research what is needed for both processes

3. Ask questions about technical threads and detailed information that doesn't make sense.

NA-T vs TT has been done to death on google, online and everywhere else known to man.

Three simple answers to this question.

1. Buy a membership.

2. Research what is needed for both processes

3. Ask questions about technical threads and detailed information that doesn't make sense.

NA-T vs TT has been done to death on google, online and everywhere else known to man.

Oooooooooooo I think somebody needs his snickers! He turns into abit of a diva when he's hungry! :D

Oooooooooooo I think somebody needs his snickers! He turns into abit of a diva when he's hungry! :D

Lol. Same questions seem to get the same answers. It's almost like time travelling :p

Posting a thread should have those options like in eBay, giving you FAQ before you can post :love: