The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Repairing hair line crack on polished lip -Volk Rays Wheels.

Brazil

Hi guys,

About a year ago I had my wheels sent to Braga north Portugal to have it refurbished; when they returned the wheels I found that the fronts would leak air and after 3 days they would be flat. I've since sent them back 4 times and they kept sending it back in the same condition; At this most recent return they are now claiming that they are leaking because of the tyres since they tried it with other tyres and they did not leaked.

I find this hard to believe since what is the likely chance that both front tyres are bad, especially since changed tyres when sent back to them previously? I have also used the air leak spray and have also put the wheel in a water tank and I see air bubbles leaking from the outer polished lip in one side and at the other side from the inside where the tyre wedges on the wheel.

What I like to know is that is it possible to repair hair line cracks from a polished lip?

I am needing new tyres so I am thinking of throwing in the towels with these wheels making a coffee table out of them and buying some second hand wheels with hopefully good tyres on them for not much more then what it will cost me to buy new tyres.

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

Ibrar will be the man with the best answer. I have seen vw wheels that have cracked being repaired though. The guy drilled a hole at each end if the crack then drilled then milled the cracks out with a milling machine, filled the milled area with weld then sanded that back to match the spoke profile. Looked mint when done

Ibrar will be the man with the best answer. I have seen vw wheels that have cracked being repaired though. The guy drilled a hole at each end if the crack then drilled then milled the cracks out with a milling machine, filled the milled area with weld then sanded that back to match the spoke profile. Looked mint when done

Just tried to call but must be a bit early, I will try again later on...! What I am so pissed about is how the guys that refurbished my wheels have the cheeck to keep sending them back telling me they are ok when they are not. I one time picked up the wheel and put it straight onto a tank of water before putting it in my car and bingo there it was fizing away bubbles..!