The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've got a Supra...again and its project time!

Spike3.0

Its been a painful 12 months after selling my old Supra to help towards a house deposit,

But with thanks to Paul T (on here) I've now got one back in my life!!!

The cars a 95 non turbo, auto and currently needs some serious love.

Paul had a fair few problems with the car, with its largest one being it won't start.

He suspects electrics are to blame, and from looking around the car I can see why...

But I accept the challenge:eyebrows:

Ideally I want this to become my project car tread, where I'll be putting my work in progress as I go along.

Jobs list so far - in order of funds due to recent new kitchen, houses are expensive!

Clean and tidy - done, this wasnt fun as the car has been stood for some time and it contained a jumble sale of parts thrown around.

Replace all missing/damaged parts - I'll create a list on a wanted thread asap, theres a lot!

I plan to replicate my past Supras 3m Carbon dash surround, custom floor mats and trick bits to modenize the inside

Retrim or replace the original seats with bucket seats

Rip out old engine and replace with 1JZ, aiming for single once funds allow

Replace auto box with manual R154 or W58 - advice appreciated.

New deep dish alloys, marcAB10 Supra is my inspiration

UK brakes

Respray black pearl

There's a thousand more things I've got wizzing through my head, some not for on here but mostly about what to do with the Supra so expect plenty more to come.

Big thanks to Paul, chuffed to be back in the club offically again:d

IMG_5643 (1024x766).jpg

IMG_5644 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_5645 (1024x747).jpg

IMG_5646 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_5647 (1024x757).jpg

IMG_5649 (1024x725).jpg

Thats nice,

Similar wheels too.

I kitted the last one with a Do-luck front but I'm thinking standard body and decent power is the way to go with this one.

The paint isnt too bad, a few spots that need tlc but at a push It should be ok for at least till the other jobs are done.

Funny thing you mention headlights,

I noticed today while cleaning, the car has one plastic and one glass headlight, so anyone wanting a swap to create a matching set please get in touch ; )

Edited by Spike3.0 (see edit history)

Hi Jason,

Hadn't seen your project before now, just subscribed.

You had some nice bits on that car, and a great colour.

I'd love a 2JZ GTE but the cost is huge, did you find many bargains while looking for yours?

A donor UK couldn't have been cheap...

It's going to take a bit of work to make a silver NA auto special but I'm sure it'll get there.

Always great to see a new project car emerging! Sounds like it's going to be a great project! Let the fixing / alterations begin! :D If you are going the R154 box route i have a brand new R154 1J/2J bellhousing that allows you to bolt a R154 box to a 1J or 2J engine. Supra mk3 R154's are a lot more common & a lot cheaper, so if you can get the gear shifter extended you can do a R154 conversion a lot cheaper than the rarer soarer/chaser R154 conversion prices that come up for sale. Sale thread here

Welcome back to supra ownership though dude!

Edited by d-_-b (see edit history)

subscribed :D look forward to seeing this back on the road

Cheers Paul, I'm looking forward to seeing your new one finished too.

I'm currently sat here in a hotel writing out a list of jobs to do this weekend, first job is a huge wanted thread!

b;3615749']Always great to see a new project car emerging! Sounds like it's going to be a great project! Let the fixing / alterations begin! :D If you are going the R154 box route i have a bellhousing that allows you to bolt a R154 box to a 1J or 2J engine. Supra mk3 R154's are a lot more common & a lot cheaper' date=' so if you can get the gear shifter extended you can do a R154 conversion a lot cheaper than the rarer soarer/chaser R154 conversion prices that come up for sale. Sale thread here

Welcome back to supra ownership though dude!

Thanks for the info and offer, I spotted your for sale ad yesterday and funds allowing if your still have it next month we could have a deal.

Do you run a R154 box yourself? If so how do they feel, my last W58 seemed solid enough but I'll be aiming for a decent power with this one so I'd rather a more reliable gearbox.

Cheers

Thanks for the info and offer, I spotted your for sale ad yesterday and funds allowing if your still have it next month we could have a deal.

Do you run a R154 box yourself? If so how do they feel, my last W58 seemed solid enough but I'll be aiming for a decent power with this one so I'd rather a more reliable gearbox.

Cheers

No worries dude, will be a few more bits up across the week - R154 Flywheel for use with 1J/2J & a used 6 puk competition clutch.

Will be running the R154 when the car is finished, it is a more "solid" feeling box with more feeling of the box going into gear due to it being a heavier duty box.

If theres going to be a manual box used in conjunction with any kind of turbo engine then I would say (and i believe a fair amount of NA-T / NA-TT guys would support this) that the R154 is the much safer & more reliable bet - esp if there will be an aim as you mentioend there of 'decent power'. :)

Hi Jason,

Hadn't seen your project before now, just subscribed.

You had some nice bits on that car, and a great colour.

I'd love a 2JZ GTE but the cost is huge, did you find many bargains while looking for yours?

A donor UK couldn't have been cheap...

It's going to take a bit of work to make a silver NA auto special but I'm sure it'll get there.

Thanks :) appreciate it. Yea I had silver before but after seeing camrys car on here, which was a US spec anniversary in RSP I had to have that colour instead.

Ill be honest I was a bit lucky with some but not on others. For the mileage on the engine I didn't get it that cheap and the condition of other bits aren't great either tbh so really I got what I paid for, no bargains or good deals. Even the shell I paid a premium for due to colour. Started as a budget build and has just cost more and more as I didn't want to go NA again after driving a TT....

On the up side however bargains do come up! You just have to be quick and seeing as you are on the cheapest step on the supra ladder (NA auto) you will find many parts for cheap :) you could even get a manual conversion if you're lucky!

Anyway look forward to seeing how you get on! Any other questions then fire away :D

welcome back spike!!

your OLD car is RIP- Bonnet flew up. :(.

was a quick car aswell! lol.

good luck with this one, hopefully cya at a meet bro.

Gutted mate, I heard you had problems a while back with some old woman banging into it, but thats even worse news.

It didnt last long the poor thing : (

I've just seen your for sale thread, theres a few parts I'd be interested in, be a bit weird buying parts from my old car though.

I'm sure you'll bump into us at some point, Japfest is my next meet. Its a shame the old car won't be there.

b;3615781']No worries dude, will be a few more bits up across the week - R154 Flywheel for use with 1J/2J & a used 6 puk competition clutch.

Will be running the R154 when the car is finished, it is a more "solid" feeling box with more feeling of the box going into gear due to it being a heavier duty box.

If theres going to be a manual box used in conjunction with any kind of turbo engine then I would say (and i believe a fair amount of NA-T / NA-TT guys would support this) that the R154 is the much safer & more reliable bet - esp if there will be an aim as you mentioend there of 'decent power'. :)

I'll keep an eye out for a R154 then, I'd quite like a solid feel, would give a lot more confidence in the gears.

And I was worried about the W58 and I'm not a fan of the auto sadly.

Thanks :) appreciate it. Yea I had silver before but after seeing camrys car on here, which was a US spec anniversary in RSP I had to have that colour instead.

Ill be honest I was a bit lucky with some but not on others. For the mileage on the engine I didn't get it that cheap and the condition of other bits aren't great either tbh so really I got what I paid for, no bargains or good deals. Even the shell I paid a premium for due to colour. Started as a budget build and has just cost more and more as I didn't want to go NA again after driving a TT....

On the up side however bargains do come up! You just have to be quick and seeing as you are on the cheapest step on the supra ladder (NA auto) you will find many parts for cheap :) you could even get a manual conversion if you're lucky!

Anyway look forward to seeing how you get on! Any other questions then fire away :D

Thanks for the offer of help,

Looking forward to seeing your project progress, I might to copy a few ideas ; )

It's good knowing someone doing a similar idea, but being one step ahead so I can hopefully learn a few things.

I'm always up for a bargain but I know what its like getting carried away.

Its not hard when you see some of the goodies everyone on here is buying.

Yours is looking great!