The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E Manage Mapping Info

Dragonball

Some info from USA

The e-manage can log a WB AF meter output through the boost sensor input, esp. if the output of the AF meter is scaleable.

Ths boost sensor input is designed around the GReddy sensor, so it works from .5 to 3.8 volts, people say it goes noisy/non-linear above that, within that range it's fine. I have one of my LM1's AUX outputs configured so 1V = 10:1, and 2V = 20:1. Thus an AF of 11.5:1 would show up as 1.15 V on the e-manage log. It works great like this.

If the boost sensor input is in use, you can still log by moving the MAF output to TPS input (instead of connecting the TPS there). This does two good things: It makes your AF tuning maps boost instead of throttle-postion based, and it frees up the TPS input to be used as an AF monitor.

As far as dumping the stock MAF is concerned, I wonder how much power one is really leaving on the table with a small,

Would it be better to have a larger MAF? Sure. Is the AEM the ultimate solution? Perhaps, but not for everyone.

I like how driveable/responsive/smooth idling a MAF equipped car is. I'm not out for monster power from a 70+ mm turbo, so I'll give the e-manage/stock MAF a chance when I finally get around to installing a small (~61mm) turbo on my car.

• 4 weeks later...