The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V6sheps supra makeover begins...

v6shep

Well after 2 weeks off the road, decided it was time to start a strip down... Was not impressed with what I found:

Around August when I bought the car: veilside supra:

Many will be happy to know, veilside is now gone, but upon stripping the car, found, after around 30 minutes removing 1 skirt, there weren't just 4 screws holding the skirts on:

That would be body filler and some sort of tough a$$ silicone at the front of the skirt

Another 2 tubes of silicone later:

Spoiler off:

Boot now stays up

Bumper off:

Updates over the months to come...

First change is a TRIAL front bumper which is already fitted.

Skirts to go with this bumper are doing my head in as I can't find any I think go. I don't want a whole TRIAL supra, I want to make it my own.

Also having a custom exhaust made and the HKS SILENT is coming off.

As for rear end, that's still a debate. Spoiler is sorted though.

Rims a possibility, some ultralite 5 spoke staggered I was offered.

The colour of the car is open to suggestions (NOT RED,BLACK OR SILVER, it's too common)

Edited by v6shep (see edit history)

Haha cheers buddy, don't really think there's much to do beside strip that cack off the sills really.

God it's only been a couple of weeks and I reeeeaaallly miss driving it, I bought an Ibiza to run around in, I hate it but the wallet loves it

That's reassuring to know lol

Good thing, not a tiny spot of rust anywhere. Which I thought might have been hiding as I guessed previous owners didn't really look after it, when I got it you should have seen the state of the belts! They looked like old worn leather!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally got back to the supra again.

Got all my bits: side skirts I bought from a mate: no idea of make (pics of them on his car a while back)imageimageimage

My front bumper I believe to be Trail (correct me if I'm wrong):imageimage

Now I know I got rid of the whole VS stuff..... But.... I was offered this rear bumper from a member, and I really liked it, so bought it:image

My new 18" staggered wheels:image

And my dash in Ford currant red (has a burple tint):image

As for spoiler, eventually going TRD maybe, but for now, using my standard spoiler that clemmo kindly donated :)

Any feedback welcome

Cheers guys