The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recomend me a tyre set up and where to buy - 700bhp Supra

Brazil

I am needing new tyres for my Volk wheels 19'' 10.5'' in the rear and 9.5'' front.

I have rolled arches all round and currently have Toyo R888 295-30-19 in the rear and Bridge Stone Potenza 245-35-19 in the front.

Since I have changed coilover and lowered further my car my front wheels look like it would benifit from spacers to push them out to the arches, so I thought I may be able to get around this by changing the fronts to Toyo R888 all round and go wider in the front to 255-35-19. As you know the R888's have a square shape so it could just do the trick. Unfortunantly from searching I found that there isn't R888 in the 255/19'' size I need. I would really like to have matching tyres all round so what else would you recomend?

Another issue which I am thinking about is the side wall '30' in the rear, is it to thin? Would I not benifit from a bigger side wall which will help with grip?

Please help me out and recommend me the perfect tyre set up for my 19'' wheels that would peform well with 700bhp.

I used Camskill, but would like to know who else do you recommend?

Ignoring speedo error and gearing, for traction a 295 35 19 will be better

than the 295 30 19 as you'll have 15 mm more sidewall.

If you went to 40 then you'd have nearly 30 mm more sidewall but compared

to stock your now 13% bigger in diameter or 83 mm

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Ignoring speedo error and gearing, for traction a 295 35 19 will be better

than the 295 30 19 as you'll have 15 mm more sidewall.

If you went to 40 then you'd have nearly 30 mm more sidewall but compared

to stock your now 13% bigger in diameter or 83 mm

The problem is also that I like to have Toyo R888 all round but Toyo do not make the size I like for the front, do many of you guys mix tyre makes?

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

I was still running a 265x30x19 Yokohama Advan on the fronts (19x9.5 Rays GTS) after the rears um.. "wore out" and I switched to the R888s. You might find the 265 fits well enough for you in the R888 as well.

Were you able to buy 265x30x19 Toyo R888's? What arch work did you have?

How did your Advan compare to R888's?

Were you able to buy 265x30x19 Toyo R888's? What arch work did you have?

How did your Advan compare to R888's?

Nah, sold the car before I needed to replace the Yokos. No arch work needed at the front - offset was pretty good, but heavily rolled rear arches.

R888s gave me complete traction all the time (30psi on 71 mm single turbo). Yokos would spin up to 4th gear. Didn't really drive the car hard around corners, so don't know much about the lateral grip though.

Check for the R888 sizes and prices here.

http://www.renn-reifen.de/images/stories/preisliste_kunde/kunde_toyo_r888_1301_reader.pdf

Luc

- - - Updated - - -

What offset do you have on the VOLK?

I am not 100% sure what offset they are but from looking at this site http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/gt-av.htm and knowing that I have huge brake discks 'endless 14.1'' in the front and +/- 12'' is it possible to guess it?

FYI: Front wheels should be 9.5'' wide and rears 10.5''.