The mkiv Supra Owners Club

clutch advice *carbonetics*

Hartmann

i´am about to buy a Carbonetic 3-plate carbon/carbon clutch. but have herd alot of different opinion about it.

some say it have the best pedal feel and will take all the power in the world and is the best cluch in the world paul have ran them in the race cars

others say that it warps easily under slipping at the strip and the engagement is bad (mark had that issue a couple of years back)

any one since then had bad issues ?

the car is (will be) a daily driver 700rwhp+ and will see som 1/4mile and a bit of trackday

thanks

tobias

Carbonetic are nice clutches but they have prices themselves out of the market now and from what I've heard they have stopped making them in Japan now.

RPS are robust but not very nice to use everyday, take up isn't that smooth, nothing like as good as a Carbonetic.

I would go with a Spec Clutch Supertwin, these are reasonably priced, smooth take up and I can get them within a week. I'm now the UK dealer for them if you need one.

Let me know if you would like a price on one. Pm or email me if so.

okay Paul. so the time period that you can get a rebuild kit from the will be limited ?

dident even considered the SPEC clutch´es .. never seen or heard someone who is pushing big power on them ?

According to Carbonetic Europe they are still supplying rebuild kits for them so shouldn't be a problem.

We have a few customers running them on road cars with between 600-800bhp and all are very happy with them, I can supply a twin plate for about £1350, I dont think you'll another manufacturer that cheap.

I am running a Twin/triple Carbonetic Clutch last six years on mine , she is only BPU but I did use the car as a daily driver for the work commute for a few years

; the pedal is as easy to use in traffic, I use the car for the odd track day too ; no issues to date

Only downside, she is noisy when dis-engaging the clutch but she is a multiplate clutch

Carbonetic are nice clutches but they have prices themselves out of the market now and from what I've heard they have stopped making them in Japan now.

The Carbonetic or ATS&ACROSS clutch as it's known in Japan is still being made and sold by ATS in Japan only;).