The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy from the United States

Guest SupraMatt96

Guest SupraMatt96

Hello everyone!

I am a Supra owner from Southern California. I've had my Supra for over 5 years now. It is a 1996 deep jewel green 6-speed turbo. This forum was recommended to me by an Instagram buddy of mine from Scotland. Here are a few pics of my Supra and I can't wait to contribute to this forum. Thanks guys!

Guest SupraMatt96

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Lettme be the first to welcome you the club mate!

Best place to get advice/give advice that's for sure :)

Got a lovely looking supra there :thumbs:

Never really seen green ones but they look mint!! :p

What's it all had done to it :D

The car is a 1996 USDM Spec LHD, originally automatic. Previous owner swapped to the 5-speed w58 and I recently swapped to the V160 which includes modding the sub tunnel and swapping to the 6-speed rear end which includes the differential and subframe.

So far I have an AEM EMS V2, AEM Tru-Boost controller, AEM wide band, Comp GT-62 turbo, Denso 720cc fuel injectors, HKS Type-S FMIC, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Unorthodox Racing pulleys, ATI Super Damper, Total Seal piston rings, ARP head studs, TiAL 44mm wastegate, HKS SSQV BOV and 3" straight pipe to the HKS High Power cat back.

After my Jeep is finished getting painted, which is my daily driver I plan on doing cams (HKS 264s), HKS cam gears, an AEM 3.5 bar map sensor and retuning. I haven't tuned since I was on the w58. I made 408 rwhp at 8 psi. I didn't really push it in fear of totally decimating the 5-speed lol. So after my jeep is back on the road again I'll crank that boost up which the new v160 can handle and I am shooting to break into the 600 hp range.

Can't wait to check out everyone else's Supras and sharing my build as well as experiences with everyone.

Guest SupraMatt96
Alright Matt! Glad you found your way on here buddy! Car is looking class as usual!:thumbs:

Thanks man! Also thank you for recommending this site :thanks:

Guest SupraMatt96
Welcome Matt, Nice car, where in California are you? :)

Thanks! I am in Lancaster which is part of LA county. I am approximately an hour's drive from LA.

Car looks fantastic dude - I absolutely love the jewel green! It is the colour I would go for if I didn't have 040 white!

The spec sounds rather tasty as well! Good plan on keeping it sensible while on the W58! I have one of those with the GTE lump as well and I have the fear a lot of the time haha!

Hope you enjoy the forum! Any questions just ask :)

Guest SupraMatt96
Cool, I absolutley love LA, visited last June and going back once the wife and I have saved up next Summer :thumbs:

Awesome! Yeah its a pretty fun place. Lots of stuff to do and the automotive scene is huge. I have been to England once when I was about 10 years old. It was a great experience. Went with my family to visit our cousin who lives in North Yorkshire.

Guest SupraMatt96
I love your plate mate :D

The supra looks lovely too, liking the wheels on your car.

Haha yeah, it is awesome when I am with a community that knows what it means. You'd be surprised all the crazy things people come up with that are not familiar with Supras and JZ engines.

Car looks fantastic dude - I absolutely love the jewel green! It is the colour I would go for if I didn't have 040 white!

The spec sounds rather tasty as well! Good plan on keeping it sensible while on the W58! I have one of those with the GTE lump as well and I have the fear a lot of the time haha!

Hope you enjoy the forum! Any questions just ask :)

Thank you, I just happened to find the green. I wasn't actually looking for anything specific when Supra shopping originally. All I knew is I wanted a MK IV lol. Just a bit of luck finding an original 6P3 DJG for the right price.

I've heard how easily those W58 were destroyed but thankfully mine survived till the day I pulled it out. It is now in my buddies MK IV still working. My tuner said you're safe with it 400 hp and under. I suppose as long as you're not too hard on it it should be fine. I do understand the stress of it though lol.

So far posting here everyone is great. Nice community going on here and I am glad to be a part of it. I am hoping to learn just as much as I can contribute back. I appreciate the kind welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

The car is a 1996 USDM Spec LHD, originally automatic. Previous owner swapped to the 5-speed w58 and I recently swapped to the V160 which includes modding the sub tunnel and swapping to the 6-speed rear end which includes the differential and subframe.

So far I have an AEM EMS V2, AEM Tru-Boost controller, AEM wide band, Comp GT-62 turbo, Denso 720cc fuel injectors, HKS Type-S FMIC, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Unorthodox Racing pulleys, ATI Super Damper, Total Seal piston rings, ARP head studs, TiAL 44mm wastegate, HKS SSQV BOV and 3" straight pipe to the HKS High Power cat back.

After my Jeep is finished getting painted, which is my daily driver I plan on doing cams (HKS 264s), HKS cam gears, an AEM 3.5 bar map sensor and retuning. I haven't tuned since I was on the w58. I made 408 rwhp at 8 psi. I didn't really push it in fear of totally decimating the 5-speed lol. So after my jeep is back on the road again I'll crank that boost up which the new v160 can handle and I am shooting to break into the 600 hp range.

Can't wait to check out everyone else's Supras and sharing my build as well as experiences with everyone.

Wow quite some spec, will be great when it's all done :D

Great car nonetheless and glad youv joined the club from across the water :)

It's a great community here that's why I like it here :) girlfriend gets annoyed tho :p

Awesome! Yeah its a pretty fun place. Lots of stuff to do and the automotive scene is huge. I have been to England once when I was about 10 years old. It was a great experience. Went with my family to visit our cousin who lives in North Yorkshire.

Yeah I was loving all the muscle cars out there, mustang's and camaro's etc, if you saw just one of them over here it would be a miracle, one in every 10 cars seems to be a mustang there :D.

You weren't too far away from us when you were in North Yorkshire, it's a couple of hours from Cumbria where I live, pretty dull in comparison to the states though. We went to san Francisco and Vegas too, it was all amazing but LA was in a league of its own in my opinion, we even looked into moving out there but property prices have put us off, unfortunately we just can't afford to do it.

Guest SupraMatt96
Yeah I was loving all the muscle cars out there, mustang's and camaro's etc, if you saw just one of them over here it would be a miracle, one in every 10 cars seems to be a mustang there :D.

You weren't too far away from us when you were in North Yorkshire, it's a couple of hours from Cumbria where I live, pretty dull in comparison to the states though. We went to san Francisco and Vegas too, it was all amazing but LA was in a league of its own in my opinion, we even looked into moving out there but property prices have put us off, unfortunately we just can't afford to do it.

Oh yeah the muscle car scene is huge out here for obvious reasons lol. Yeah I see Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, Corvettes and etc. literally everyday. Vipers are fairly uncommon though. I catch them around every once in a while.

That is awesome. I really want to go back and visit. London was incredible to me. Plus seeing an episode of Top Gear UK taped live is a must! There is always the option of seeing the American version of Top Gear out here but lets be serious. Top Gear America sucks haha. I love my country and all but I am a Top Gear UK fan lol.

San Francisco is amazing and Vegas haha oh man. Very fun place. A good time to visit Vegas would be in October. We have a huge event there for Supra owners. Totally worth going if it is manageable. Obviously bringing a Supra all the way over would be super difficult but coming to hang out and spectate is always welcomed. Here is the link to the event to anyone potentially interested.

http://www.suprasinvegas.com

Oh yeah the muscle car scene is huge out here for obvious reasons lol. Yeah I see Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, Corvettes and etc. literally everyday. Vipers are fairly uncommon though. I catch them around every once in a while.

That is awesome. I really want to go back and visit. London was incredible to me. Plus seeing an episode of Top Gear UK taped live is a must! There is always the option of seeing the American version of Top Gear out here but lets be serious. Top Gear America sucks haha. I love my country and all but I am a Top Gear UK fan lol.

San Francisco is amazing and Vegas haha oh man. Very fun place. A good time to visit Vegas would be in October. We have a huge event there for Supra owners. Totally worth going if it is manageable. Obviously bringing a Supra all the way over would be super difficult but coming to hang out and spectate is always welcomed. Here is the link to the event to anyone potentially interested.

http://www.suprasinvegas.com

I wasn't aware of the supras in Vegas event it looks awesome, unfortunately my wife would kill me if we went all the way over there to look at more supra's, more likely for me are the trips to the hoover dam and grand canyon (which were both amazing too) :D, never seen top gear America, i'll keep a look out for that :).