The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New plugs and coil pack clips

Radio

Anyone of you North Westers fancy giving me a helping hand at fitting new plugs and coil pack clips to my Sup. Just been delivered from PW's. Not done it before so don't want to mess it up. Car in garage at my farm in Tyldesley so can be done in any weather. Cheers Ray 07765 225414

Ray,

I am a complete numpty at mechanics, but did it ok. It is just a case of following your nose. The old clips can be a bit awkward to get off. Have you got the coil packs with the metal cradle? If so easy peasy! If not undo the screws that hold the coil packs to the cradle whilst it is still attached to the head. You also need a long reach plug spanner. Make sure before you take the old plugs out that there is no crap sitting in the hole. A quick blast with some air should clean it out. I used a bike pump! Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up boys. Wouldn't you think Mr Whiffin would have suggested that I might need these hoses. they could have come in the same package. Not to worry. Rick is going to Toyota tomorrow so I will ask him to see if they have any. Probally not as they seem to stock nothing now for Sups. Still need someone to fit the buggers. Cheers ray

Hi steve...only the coil pack clips. Don't like messing with these hi-tech engines now. just took changes the battery on the wifes Range Rover and goosed the air suspension system memory. Its got to be re-set by computer cos the car is upset I touched it. Gone is the time of a quick twist on a carb to slow down the idle. I'm just an old tosser

Guest Nicholas

You only need the breather hoses if they've gone hard, check them before replacing. The plug and coilpack change is incredibly easy just take your time and do one coil pack/2 plugs at a time be careful with the clips as these can break easily! Let us know how you get on :)

:) When you wanting these done Ray ? i did mine only last monday clips and breather hoses where like new on mine so no problems ........ what spark plugs you putting in ? are you BPU if so you will need colder running plugs NGK BKR7E1X iridiums went in mine

Cheers

-ian-

Hi Ian..as soon as possible really but just waiting to see if rick got my hoses or had to order them. If he had to order them they will probally be at Toyota tomorrow. Will talk to rick shortly. The spark plugs are for stock TT which are Iridium NGK BKR6EIX. Paul said these are the right ones. If you are free to help sort it out, let me know. I will cover your fuel or anything else. Regards Ray