The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jspec seats in a uk spec

Guigsy

Ok yes I know. No heated seats. But that's not my question.

I recently got a set of stock black jspec seats for my ukspec.

Passenger seat went in fine and I plugged in the wire for the belt buckle.

But the drivers seat (electric) has the same connector for the belt buckle. And the one for the electric seats.

So, what's your problem? you might ask.

Well. This is. I don't have the buckle cable! It's not under the carpet as iv had that up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361985724.874714.jpg

So there is no cable coming from the car to plug the belt buckle wire into from the seat?

- & the wire showing in your pic is the one for the seat motor?

If the above understanding is correct, have you checked to see if the wire isnt inside of the the floor support than runs near there. (Where front runners of the seat sit on)

Seem to recall my cable being poked in there before so looked like it was missing.

Were there 2 cables unplugged when you removed the UK spec set from the car? (if the seats went allready not in there)

Yeah that thinking is correct.

I took my original uk seats out about 4 years ago. Then replaced them with recaros which utilised the connector iirc. Then I swapped the carpet, and seats again to buckets. But I had the same issue then. No cable. I ended up just leaving it.