The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon bonnet.

FOSTA

Just wanting to know if any of you are using a carbon bonnet without aero catches or bonnet pins?

Just as Id rather not have them as I like the look of it better without them.

I've just been looking and I havnt came across one yet that dosnt have them fitted.

Is there more of a risk of the bonnet flying up with these carbon bonnets?

Cheers ;)

I have them on mine - I think they are more common as the latches on carbon hoods arnt as good as those on the stock bonnet, & the hood is lighter so I would imagine would blow up easier than the weightier stock hood if inadvertantly not latched down/latched properly.

Saying that i did run my car for like 2 years without them fitted without issue.

I havnt a clue what make mine is as I bought it second hand from carbon-bulllet.

It's to top secret one most likely a copy.

I've just had it painted and the old bonnet pin holes filled aswell :/

There is no badge or stamp on the underside to say what make it is either.

Love the bonnet black with carbon vents, makes me wish i hadnt of had my car painted from black now >

There are 2 types of aero-catches, one has less of a footprint on the top of the bonnet - maybe worth investigating that and painting it so make is as un-intrusive as possible.

I havnt a clue what make mine is as I bought it second hand from carbon-bulllet.

It's to top secret one most likely a copy.

I've just had it painted and the old bonnet pin holes filled aswell :/

There is no badge or stamp on the underside to say what make it is either.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/E0E29CF0-9266-4BF1-A39C-8ACB68204775-400-0000004BDFEC1CFE_zps463842d6.jpg

I have the exact same bonnet mate, genuine Siebon bought from Paul Whiffin. I don't have catches at the mo but it's something I plan on doing. It's fine until you get to about 120+ leptons (20mph if your one of the many people who posted on Kaans recent thread) then there's always that small niggling that you might actually loose you windscreen a some point.

I'm sure I've seen aero catches in gloss black and carbon somewhere. I'll see if I can find the link.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, Rota GTR-D's and TS style Carbon bonnet, have I set a new trend for the North East?

I have the exact same bonnet mate, genuine Siebon bought from Paul Whiffin. I don't have catches at the mo but it's something I plan on doing. It's fine until you get to about 120+ leptons (20mph if your one of the many people who posted on Kaans recent thread) then there's always that small niggling that you might actually loose you windscreen a some point.

I'm sure I've seen aero catches in gloss black and carbon somewhere. I'll see if I can find the link.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, Rota GTR-D's and TS style Carbon bonnet, have I set a new trend for the North East?

to true mate

mine right now worrys me at 100ish

• 3 weeks later...