The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another New Owner

Guest Electrolight

Guest Electrolight

Hello all,

I recently got my Supra (1993, 5 speed, NA) and am very excited! It was the most random purchase ever, I just saw one on the street and was memorized, I saved up and then got one :)

The good,

- Price (at least I think it was good) 9k even.

- Engine seems to run well.

- Body is in good condition minus a small dent.

- No functionality has been lost (power windows, ac, cc, etc.).

- Targa roof has no leaks, and was told it works but to be honest I'm nervous to try.

The bad,

- The engine has ~170,000 miles on it.

- The seats are cracked badly, definitely need new ones/recovering.

- Despite what the picture looks like, (my phone always makes everything look twice as good as it should... sometimes that's a good thing ^^) the paint is in such crappy condition.

- No radio, the faceplate part of a radio is gone and the grey box that the faceplate and wires connect to is gone.

- The mats are all wragled like a cat just messed with them for a long while.

- The tint is acceptable for now but would ideally need changing.

- Small dent on drivers side rear quarter on the bottom. Looks about the size of a softball and indented about 2 inches.

- The front brakes are squeaking badly. I bought new ones and will try to replace them myself but I don't know if the rotors need trimming :/

Hope I did ok and didn't get screwed. He was asking 15k but I got there and was disappointed in the terrible seats, paint and the dent so I haggled him down quite a bit. I think I still got a fair deal?

I'm not one for major mod's or anything but I have some aesthetic/functional ones on my list.

- radio

- seats (new ones or new covering)

- paint (full body, I am worried this is pricey though
:(
)

- carpet I want black exterior and black interior

- TSX HID's (the stock halogens are abysmal)

That's about it for now, but, first thing is first, I need a new radio ([requirements:] blue-tooth, aux port, FM radio, [ideally:] touchscreen) any suggestions? I need the box thing too so if you suggest one can you make sure it has that too. (I attached an image of all the loose cables and that is what I have to work with.)

Thanks for reading, suggestions tips comments are appreciated,

Electrolight

Image One: Look at the newly buffed headlights :)

Image Two: Inside look where radio should be, (from left to right: 1 positive cable, two rca looking cables, a darkk red cable (ground or also positive), big port thing, little port thing, two antennae jacks?)

Image Three: My two babies with the supra the way it looked when I drove her home. (Again, the paint looks much worse in person.)

20130220_111946.jpg

20130221_162551.jpg

20130214_112326-1.jpg

Welcome to the forum buddy. It doesn't look that bad at all and everything can be easily sorted. The prices of Supras in the US never ceases to amaze me. For 9k here in the UK (£5k+ I think,) you will have a mint 98/99 TT. More knowledgeable guys than me will be along shortly , just that they are mostly asleep at the moment, and i am the insomaniac.

Guest Electrolight

Oh, thanks for the time-zone tip, didn't even consider that.

As far as prices, yeah :( importation is virtually impossible (at least if the objective is to save money). So after that is taken into consideration its pure math ie.

US

- 27,924.8 People for every 1 Supra

UK and Japan (Since ya'll can import)

- 6,218.0 Peo ple for every 1 Supra

(links for sources, ie. not just some made up numbers)

That means there are 4.49 times as many available to ya'll. Congrats for ya'll... boo for us :(

Going to bed now,

Electrolight

Welcome!

The price isn't so bad I think. On mainland Europe the left hand drive supra's go for ridiculous money. So I drive a RHD which is imported. Saves me half the amount on purchase. (Only parking garages are a bit difficult to get in or out ;) )

He at least you have great gas prices in the US.