The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everyone! Help/info appreciated =)

Crash Bandicoot

Welcome to the club

THe guide is great, so print it off and take it with you

I can't say I recognise the car, is it in the Devon area

Where abouts are you anyway

It's obviously very low, so check underneath for scraps etc, if it has been that low for a long time it may have been scraped and then the rust will set in if not treated

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

What history does it have, mileage, when was it imported, whats it like underneath,

are the suspension arms on the verge of needing to be replaced or have seized eccentric

adjusters, same goes for the brake/fuel lines, brake calipers, water rad, heater matrix, ac rad

All the above items are what you should be looking at along with has it ever had

the suspension geo done, camber caster & toe ?

Having seen the underneath of a lot of supras both uk cars and imports i would not buy

one now unless i could have it on a ramp and do a thorough inspection.

I'd be asking about whats been replaced or refurbed and if its all still original

as it came from Toyota then you will at some point in the near future be refurbing

or buying new brakes, suspension arms, etc etc

Im sure I've seen that one before, around North Devon, but not 100%. I recognise the wheels. Dont think they are a member on here though :(

Where abouts in Devon are you from mate? Some good members down that way, and I visit quite a bit as my and the misses folks live in North Devon.

If you let us know where the car is, then I'm sure a local member would be happy to tag along and share their knowledge when you have a look at it. It would also stop you going heart over head, which a fair few have done in the past, then later realised they have bought a shed :(

Welcome to the club.

Check the car for error codes as well, its very simple, paperclip in ports TE1 and E1 in the diagnostics port, ignition to acc then watch the engine management light on the dash.

Takes a fem mins but could show up any problems.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35920-How-To-Check-the-diagnostics-codes

Thanks Tubby, I never knew that bit of info :D!

I am now the proud owner of a toyota supra! Is there usually a noise that when you press the clutch down it goes?...

Mine has started doing something similar, it's more of a squeak on mine which goes when the clutch is pressed down. I asked my mate who is a mechanic and he doesn't think it's the release bearing as it was new only a few months ago.

I managed to get my NA for £2700 with 45k miles too :D

Shame the sodding thing needs a bit of paintwork correcting and the wheels refurbing now :(

Mine has started doing something similar, it's more of a squeak on mine which goes when the clutch is pressed down. I asked my mate who is a mechanic and he doesn't think it's the release bearing as it was new only a few months ago.

I managed to get my NA for £2700 with 45k miles too :D

Shame the sodding thing needs a bit of paintwork correcting and the wheels refurbing now :(

And a turbo... :p

Welcome to the club dude.