The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nankang Tyres??

mr two

I have a set of Nankang winter tyres on the back, I only use them for about 4 months of the year and they never see anything over 0.5 boost and I am very careful when braking.

Having said that I wouldn't use them for spirited driving the rest of the year, have a look on Camskills web sight, at either Falken 452, Vredesteins or Kumho Ecsta, all three are decant mid range tyres.

I had a set on my old NA, all round, and to be honest, I never had a problem with them. As I said though, it was an NA, so couldn't really test them on a "spirited drive" as such, but they did ok, and lasted me a year on the supra as a daily, including 300mile round trips to see the folks several times a year.

I had a pair of Falkens on the rear before that, and they didn't last 6 months. Can't remember the model though.

I'm not saying they are great tyres, there are much better out there, but to all those who are massively against them, have you used them? Or is this another bandwagon I hear?

This is the second time I've heard this brand, one of my friend suggested but i ain't really looked into until now.

Looks like a mixed review on this brand.

But overall in my opinion these tyres are middle range tyres at best.

I aint tried them myself but reading it up gives me that opinion that, these are best of the budget tyres section.......

Ditch finders terrible in the wet !

I found they performed very well considering the price when wet. I never skipped/slid/spun the wheels without meaning to when I had these.

However, I had the Nankang Sport II on my NA, which were the best rated of the brand at the time.

Different models have different ratings and perform differently after all.

I can't recall which Nankangs they were and it was a while ago but my experience

of them then wasn't good.

I'd be intrigued to try a set of their latest tyres just too see how good or bad

they are now.

If their better than Avon zz3's then they have improved massively in my opinion,

i have zz3's on the front of my supra and i'm very happy with them

One thing i wouldn't do is put these on a car in pairs, a set of 4 then at least the

grip will be the same front and rear, matching these up to another tyre on the

front or rear could spell disaster.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest TheCaptain69

we fit alot of nankangs nowadays a good tyre compared to alot of know brands

avons poor

falkens not great

federal etc not good

i would say nankang or kuhmo arent a bad option