The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello, and some questions.

TURBO-LAG

Hello everyone. Im new to the site and i wanted to ask a couple of questions. Currently i have an Integra DC5 Type R which im looking to replace with a supra. Ideally i want a 2000 - 2002 model TT, im not to bothered about Auto or Manual. Reading around these seem to be the rarest models and i can't seem to find one for sale on UK soil. This got me thinking about importing one but i wanted to ask you guys a few things before i go any further;

1. How feasable are these late models to import/find?

2.At a rough estimate how much would you need to budget, i guessed about 12k but im not sure now thats going to be high enough?

3. Has anyone here had any experience with newera imports? Or is JM-Imports the people to talk to?

4. Is it even worth the effort to source one of these would i be better of trying to find a tidy example thats older, and spending the difference on mods?

Here is a pic of my current car at JAE

Cheers Alex

Jurgen at JM Imports is the best and most trusted importer here mate.

For £12k I'm sure he could find you a gorgeous example of a supra.

Iirc though, the post 2000 models incur a higher tax band?

If you import one, it'll be cleaner underneath, nigh on mint due to the lack of rubbish on the roads in Japan.

If I had the money, I'd go the fresh import route myself.

Thanks for the replys guys, i think thats what im gunna do then. Keep saving and start the ball rolling after this show season, its gunna be alot of waiting but worth it hopefully. I know what you mean about the exchange rate, parts are ridiculous as well, i paid second hand for an arc intake what i could have bought one new for before it all went south. Still i just write the money off i spend on cars, i thought about getting an eco box and doing the sensible thing but you only live once lol.

Speak to Jurgen and buy a fresh import! £12k isn't enough if you want a TT6!

Buy the right car first time round...that's what I did!;)

Lol, ill just keep saving then looks like ill be doing some cobbles on the weekends and overtime lol. Iv been sat here with a cup of tea reading your build thread and really enjoying it. Awesome car!

Thanks mate...late model TT6s do carry a premium so I'd aim to save more before approaching Jurgen as you don't want to be presented with cars that are exactly what you want but over budget!

I saved like crazy so when my car came up I knew I could pay immediately.:)

Welcome, though your thread has got me googling up some parts already, and wondering if the gf will mind some bits in the spare room lol. Thank you for the advice, im going to do the same, id rather over budget than as you say be stuck not being able to get the one i want.

Welcome, though your thread has got me googling up some parts already, and wondering if the gf will mind some bits in the spare room lol. Thank you for the advice, im going to do the same, id rather over budget than as you say be stuck not being able to get the one i want.

Wow!!!!!

A newbie who takes advice and sees sense :faint:

That has to be a first in recent times ;)

Wow!!!!!

A newbie who takes advice and sees sense :faint:

That has to be a first in recent times ;)

Lol, Thank you. To not take peoples advice when they have been there and done it is just odd to me, especially when someones taken the time to reply. Happens alot on the internet though with no accountability, people forget there are actually real people sat behind the keyboard lol. I'v had it before where iv given advice and becuase its not what they want to here they get mad lol. Im enjoying researching the supra though, makes a change from the K20 and honda stuff i usually read.

thanks..

if your wanting 1996 to 98 supra tt 6 speed then price range is from 11k to 15k pending whats available etc.

if you want the same as above but in AUTO/Trip then it will be from £8000 to £12000

now 2000 plus cars cost a lot more from 14k plus for 6 speeds and from 12k plus for autos..

however there is a few nice 2000 white auto/trips for around 11k otr in japan at the moment,

Welcome to the club, another vote for JM-Imports, don't bother going elsewhere.

I'd always go for a fresh import if you can, mine is virtually brand new underneath!! The MOT guy couldn't believe it was made in 1996 & just to show me the difference he had a 3 year old 1 series on the ramps!! Mine was in better condition!!

Welcome to the club, another vote for JM-Imports, don't bother going elsewhere.

I'd always go for a fresh import if you can, mine is virtually brand new underneath!! The MOT guy couldn't believe it was made in 1996 & just to show me the difference he had a 3 year old 1 series on the ramps!! Mine was in better condition!!

Advantage of the car not being on UK roads hey ;)

thanks..

if your wanting 1996 to 98 supra tt 6 speed then price range is from 11k to 15k pending whats available etc.

if you want the same as above but in AUTO/Trip then it will be from £8000 to £12000

now 2000 plus cars cost a lot more from 14k plus for 6 speeds and from 12k plus for autos..

however there is a few nice 2000 white auto/trips for around 11k otr in japan at the moment,

Thank you for the replys and welcomes guys! Thanks for letting me know the rough cost as well, it seems i have some saving to do but i have use of a van for work now so that should help save some money on fuel. It'll be worth it in the end though iv been looking at some of the ones on here and its made me want one all the more lol.

I guess you have already gathered Jurgen is your best option for Importing lol

I would say the same as well and also get the right Supra to start with, I have had mine 6 years and been changing it continously since buying it, although I have really enjoyed doing it, I do now have very large holes in my pockets:innocent::taped:. Would of saved a fortune if I had just saved for another 6 months